ERA Not Updating Virus Definitions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wspirit, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wspirit

wspirit Registered Member

Hello,

My organization is running ERA v3.0.105 and it has not been able to download any definitions updates since 5460 (20100918 ). The server has been running for over a year and has never experienced any issues with downloading updates. Nothing on our network has changed. The server is stuck on "Preparing update... 0%".

I have
    • deleted all of the mirror and update files
    • rebooted the server
    • restarted the era service
    • re-entered my still valid ESET username and password in the Updates tab in Server Options

Is there anything else I can try to fix this?

Thank you,

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

check the era.log file, there might be some additional info there

3. wspirit

Thank you for your reply. This is all I can find in the log file.

[2010-09-23 08:25:01.448] V1 [4c9aa8ce0000] [0000080c] <UPDATER_ERROR> Update failed, code: 4, aditional code 0x1204, aditional description CANT_DOWNLOAD

Also, neither the ESET HTTP Server service nor the ESET RA HTTP Server service will start.

Nothing has changed on that server for months so I'm at a loss as to what may be causing this.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  4. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

use the search option and enter error 0x1204, there are loads of similar cases.
    check your dns settings, proxy setting, is your license valid, can you open page eset.com (if not scan your server) etc.

5. wspirit

Thanks for the tips.

DNS is fine and we do not use a proxy. The license is still valid as I am able to update my NOD32 clients by using the credentials and grabbing the updates over the net. I can surf the net on the server and can browse to eset.com.

I made one of our secondary ERA servers the main update server and it can get the updates from ESET. I then had the problematic server grab the updates from this server and now my clients are being updated properly. It doesn't solve the problem with the server but at least it is a workaround.

Now I have to figure out what is wrong with the server.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.