EQSecure v4.0 beta2 Performance Bug Report

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Vengeance666, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vengeance666

Vengeance666 Registered Member

Hi all!

I would like to provide my feedback to EQS's developement team.
    I think that EQS is a very good HIPS, in fact I use it since v 3.30. :D Now, I'm testing EQS 4.0 beta 2: the protections systems seem to be very good and powerful. However, I've noticed an annoying performance problem: processes take a large time of CPU time while EQS protection is enabled. I can reproduce this behaviour on a real machine but also in a virtual machine. The program has been tested under XP SP2 32 bit fully updated.

Maybe you can try on yourself: please try making as follows:

0) Install EQS 4.0 by replacing files in EQS's folder AND REBOOT your system (otherwise the new driver is not loaded so protection is disabled).
    1) Open Windows Task Manager and keep in on focus.
    2) Run some window (i.e: open a folder on your desktop, run an Internet browser and so on...)
    3) While making these actions, you will notice that CPU usage is very high.
    4) Do the same things after disabling EQS and you will notice that CPU spikes are less annoying.
    5) Do the same things after exiting from EQS so that you can see a normal situation, with no CPU spikes.

Now, my question is: why EQS 4.0 takes so much CPU power? I've reinstalled EQS 3.41 with all system protections enabled and CPU spikes have disappeared.

So, please try it, and let's help EQS's team to improve their good software. :thumb:

2. Vengeance666

Vengeance666 Registered Member

Further information:

1) Cpu spikes are evident in particular when opening and closing windows or programs.
    2) I noticed this problem in EQS 4.0 beta 1 version and now it seems to be a bit less evident, but still annoying. :rolleyes:

Best regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.