eqsecure outbound warning

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by docfleetwood, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docfleetwood

docfleetwood Registered Member

I have decided to try eqsecure as my new hips. I have downloaded 3.41 and imported the latest of Alcyon's ruleset. I am pretty sure I did it correctly. My question is...

Is it possible for eqsecure to give a warning when a program attempts to outbound connect to the internet? I run Windows firewall and would like something that offers outbound connection monitoring like Ghost Security's Appdefend does. EQSecure may do this and I am just missing a setting/rule. Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks!

2. docfleetwood

Also, does eqsecure warn if an executable has been modified? For example, if I update a program and start the newer version, should eqs tell me the program has changed via some sort of checksum? Because my settings don't seem to be doing that so I wanted to know if this was possible also.

3. arran

arran Registered Member

Bump.

I also use eqs

Like would like to know this as well, come all you eqs experts. easter, alycon can some one make a posty.

4. Muchinga

Muchinga Registered Member

No network protection.

Applications Rules > Others settings > Verify program file with MD5 ;) : http://i40.tinypic.com/2je5kpj.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  5. docfleetwood

Thanks Muchinga

That is unfortunate that it can't prompt for something to use the internet/network - I really like that feature in Appdefend.

Regarding the 'verify with md5' - I see how to do it with each individual application - Do you know if there is a way to make that the default behavior as new programs are added to the list?

6. subset

subset Registered Member

I didn't find a way to make this md5 check default within the program.
    But you can edit your XML rule files with e.g. notepad.
    Just find MD5Check="0" and replace with MD5Check="1".

Cheers

7. arran

arran Registered Member

This is what I like about Kerio 2.15 firewall it is very light and it also checks
    MD5 Signature which is what you want.

8. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Hi docfleetwood.

Sorry for the delay, my gpu fan almost died so i was unable to reply... Everything is now back to normal.

EQSecure can protect only against some types of firewall leaks. You can verify with Matousec's leaktests (dnstest, awft, etc.). For the rest, EQSecure isn't a firewall so what you're asking isn't possible. The best advice i can give you is to flush the lame Windows firewall and use something more decent like Look'n'Stop if you want something Extremely light.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.