EQSecure 3.3 (Rules & ruleset)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by screamer, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Is "Learning Mode" effective for this app? Can it be used and then mode change to protect.

Does anyone have an English ruleset.xml they'd care to share

I D/L'd a ruleset.xml but it's in Chinese. Is there any way to convert this to English? <-- silly question I think

When I installed this app I put it in Learning mode but noticed that "automatic rule creation" was set to "block", after importing ruleset (Chinese) the automatic ruleset was changed to "allow".

If I can't appy / import an English ruleset and uninstall / reinstall and start over. How do I set ruleset to allow rather than block?

hope I made myself clear,

...screamer

2. screamer

I made a Behaviour Mode and turned on "Learning Mode" Every time I close this app, it reverts back to "Normal Mode"

Anybody??

...screamer

3. xuesisi

xuesisi Registered Member

Learning Mode just install new app

OK ,I will ask EQ Chinese Forums

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi turn EQS totally off, rename this text file to xml and replace the same file in Program Files> EQSecure folder with thsi file. Restart EQSecure.

It has many file protection rules too but they will make ur PC slow especially read and write functions, so jus delete all/ most of them. Later u can add if u need.

These rule set were working on my system, not sure about urs, so take care.

Attached Files:

5. xuesisi

Hi, there! thank you for your questions.

Learning mode will allow any activity happening on the computer and create rules for running program to be always allowed. The default set for this mode has no log recorded as well.
    In this case, it can play a role as rules creator for the program you wanna add to trust list.
    Learning mode still has system protection when you running your PC under it.

If you wanna has the ruleset file turn into english version you can always send it to me at
    lukecome@yahoo.com.

by chinamm

6. xuesisi

EQsecure v3.4 is almost ready, in this case we are not going to build any
    ruleset for the old version and I will translate the good ruleset into En until then.

by chinamm

7. screamer

Thanks guys,

It's much appreciated. Since I wasn't getting a (quick) reply. I un-installed EQSecure and installed ProSecurity on the box in question.

What I'm ultimately doing is preparing for when / if SSM is unsupported.

Thanks again,

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.