Enumerating computers ??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rainwalker, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I am on a standalone computer yet my internet connection is enumerating other computers. If i block this activity i am unable to go online. Arp -a shows ---0x8. There was a time when my firewall was down for a very short time. Malware scans turn up nothing. I would like to stop this. Anyone with ideas ?

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Are you saying that you have a computer and a router, and that the router shows other MAC's or IP's than yours with open sessions? What are you blocking then that causes functionality to stop? Where are you seeing these 'other' computers? A log file or netstat or firewall display? Maybe a little more data is needed to help..

Sul.

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

No router...playing with Outpost...under "Attack Detection" i am monitoring ethernet attacks and blocking host when it enumerates computers on a LAN....by checking/activating this option i block my browser from going online, but i am still able to update software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.