Entering"Bootable Media Startup Parameters"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by catman915, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catman915

catman915 Registered Member

I want to enter some startup parameters to my bootable media. Can anyone tell or point me to an example of how to enter them in the "command line parameters box in the wizard? I was sent a custom copy of the boot media which fixed a problem but when I create the media from within 9796 it doesn't work. I want to add the same parameters that are displayed in the custom image. Thanks

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Revisit your registration page and download the iso file listed there and create a new Rescue CD. This CD will offers several menu choices. If you can establish which of the menu items work, then you will kwow which parameters are involved. The first link in my signature may also help.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1506294&postcount=3

3. catman915

Thanks for the response. Here's the problem, I added a Vantec MX housing to an otherwise working system. Everything works fine until I boot with the ATI recovery disk. It boots and I can select TI, then when TI starts to load it freezes. If I turn the MX off everything works fine. Support provided me a custom Recovery ISO which fixes the problem but It doesn't include Disk Director. I noticed that it loads three startup parameters(acpi=off, nousb, and nographics). I figured that if I added them to the Recovery media created from TI I woulkd get the desired result. I tried by separating the parameters with a comma in the window and producing the iso but that didn't work so I don't know if I,m entering them correctly or if they just aren't solving the problem. Unfortunately I can't install the 9796 program update because if I do it breaks my system and I can no longer boot into windows, I have to restore a backup to fix it. I've been working with support for a couple of weeks on this and have gotten no solution to the problem.

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

catman915:

Try this as a test before permanently creating a bootable CD with the parameters. Boot with your current recovery CD. After the selection screen loads but before starting TI, hit the F11 key. Enter the parameters on the Kernel Options line. Each option should be separated by a space, not by a comma, like this:
    Code:
    Quiet acpi=off nousb nographics
    Then try starting TI full mode.

This may or may not work. Chances are that the ISO provided by Acronis has other changes than just adding the Kernel Options. But if it does work then you can try adding them permanently in Bootable Media Builder.

5. catman915

Thanks Mark will do and report results.

6. catman915

Your assumption was correct, it didn't work. Is there a way to add the DD selection to the TI ISO that works?

7. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Probably. You could try Live Chat with Acronis and ask them. If you are booting from a USB flash drive then you could keep both ISO files on the flash drive and boot the desired one with Grub4DOS. MudCrab's guide has some info on how to set this up; check out Section 3.

If you are booting from CD then I don't know, but probably someone on a rescue CD forum like 911CD.net may be able to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.