Enough with the lurking bashers.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by trjam, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Nod32 hasnt changed since the test results were released. But I find it odd, that all of the sudden, there are numerous posts from new members about issues with Nod32. The product is great and hasnt burbed overnight, so if the issues are real, fine, if not, lighten up. It doesnt take a wizard to realize stacking, when you see it. Keep up the great work Eset.

2. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

I'm lurking.
    Waiting for the next version of............

Shark computers wallpaper.

:ninja:
    :D

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

the number of new users is going up RAPIDLY - the NOD32 name is gaining some recognition slowly - and we've noticed about a more than 100% increase in purchases, which if it's across the board, could definitely result in a lot more support issues - our installation support calls (which we monitor in quantity and duration) have increased accordingly with our increase in sales.

So don't just think that number of questions appearing here is a factor or lurkers with some hidden agenda - there are genuininely a lot more people hearing about NOD32 and making the decision to purchase. This with the interface (which I consider a little daunting to anyone less than an expert user) is surely going to generate a lot more questions in this and any other software forum.

hth

Greg

4. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

You are right there Greg.
    Especially about the interface.
    I'd know of NOD for years, but people put me off trying NOD and I went through Norton, Panda, CA x 2, AVG pro etc.
    Then one day I 'found' this forum.
    :D :D

5. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I am a relatively new member, but the Nod server issue is real. The servers do not always roll over to the next good server and I have missed updates because of it, thats a fact. I also agree with webyourbusiness, Nod is growing in popularity, and so is the Nod32 forum. Have a great day!

6. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I'm using NOD32 for many decades :D :D :p ...and I have problems with servers only twice as I can remmember.

7. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Many decades?

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

So since when is posting problems equaled with bashing? Just get real...:eek:

9. pykko

pykko Registered Member

It was just a joke my friend. :) I'm using it for almost 2 years ....

10. steve1955

must seem like decades then(lol)

11. steve1955

always has been!

12. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Steve1955,

Not really. Posting problems either as a heads-up or to look for help is always fine.

Unfortunately, all too frequently, frustration and the emotion of the moment can boil over into a generalized and typically unsupported rant that is disingenuous bashing and little else. Sometimes the outburst is partially understandable given the circumstance, occasionally it is nothing more than a troll, though in either case it is an unproductive approach.

As for the topic of this thread, activity in any forum rises and falls in a fairly random fashion aside from high activity with new releases, aggressive malware activity, or problems with update/download servers. I really haven't noted anything of an exceptional nature of late, just the normal ebb and flow of activity

Blue

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I haven't installed NOD yet. I am waiting for my annual subscription of Zone Alarm Security Suite to expire so I can switch to Zone Alarm Pro, and install NOD32. Quite a few people in the ZA forum use NOD and recommend it, so I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas when I can install my NOD32. I have been reading threads in this forum from time to time, trying to get a feel for NOD, because I hear it's got a learning curve. I hope it's not too steep for me.:)

14. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Out of topic but I have been using NOD32 since 1.18 version. I think it was in 1998 or 1999 :);)

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It is easy to get it right, if you set it up from here.

16. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Trjam- Thanks for the info. I'll save it.:D

17. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Wow! :eek: You should get a reward for been faithful. :D

18. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

lol, classic thread. I miss good ole' Mike. :(

19. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I'm just gonna have to wait .. oh say 10 years before I can brag about it :)
    It did take a long time for me to find this pearl of a program, and I'm never gonna let it go :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.