enough of Eset

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by larryb52, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

Got 2 BSOD that does me in, I have had enough, plus it won't right scan when I right click on a zip files says out of memory (1.5 gig mem)on zip file, there's no excuse for either, I'll spend my money else where...

2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

mmmm vista sounds luvvly!:doubt:

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi!

Why do you want to scan so big archive? If there is infiltration, it will be detected when archive will be extracted.

:thumb:

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe your temp folders are full and ESS cannot write into them when unpacking archives?

5. larryb52

thanks, Marcos but I still had those BSOD, that is troubling...

6. larryb52

I'm going to try again & delete the eset folder before installation, I prefer using Nod32 & I am using vista...

7. larryb52

temp file empty, still out of mem or space?, any suggestions...

8. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

a) ...try scanning with a Ewido Micro/cureIT before running your default scanner on the zip files again... maybe there are some pests playing hide/seek which your default AV haven't caught on with.

b) ...try scanning those zips with your default AV via "SafeMode" and check if right-click works.

9. larryb52

I tried 2 other AV's the zips were scanned just fine. ESET needs to look at this issue, I looked at the scan I ran yesterday(full) & no compressed files were opened & scanned (same issue). I don't feel protected when I had over 100 files unscanned...

10. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Trying to use Nod is taking a hell lot of energy these days and I wonder how long people will put up with this. I'm not any more!
    And it's not right that is being blamed on Vista, come off it.
    Other AV programs have no problems at all with Vista. And who's going to say what OS you should use with a certain piece of software? Just ridiculous.

11. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

If I were you, I'd switch back to XP. I did, for lots of reasons. I still have an image of Vista, that i mount from time to time, to update and so on. But IMHO Vista is still in a beta stage. I never had any problems with any AV software on XP, but AV software on Vista is sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. Vista is still living it's own life, no matter how much you tweak it.
    I know this maybe is a little off topic, but still...:D

Happy holidays

12. Big Apple

I don't have any trouble at all with Vista.......from day one on! :thumb:

13. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Yes, and you're using Dr.Web, not NOD32, right?! Maybe you're just lucky with Dr.Web and Vista in combination:D

Cheers

14. Big Apple

I have been using Nod32 2.7 with Vista as well and had no trouble at all. The problems started with the release of version 3.0 and therefore I keep on saying, that it is not Vista or Windows Mail, it's Nod32 not being built properly before putting it out on the market this time. No more, no less!
    Same with stating that OE is not the right email client........it always has been. It may not function properly with Nod32 v.3.0, but then you shouldn't blame OE.

15. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

in that case lets all go back to windows 3.1 XP has too many bugs or was that just something I read when XP first came out. Gee's come on Vista is the new platform as with Windows 3 XP will soon not be supported welcome to the year 2007.

16. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

17. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

What I dont understand for all that where happy with V 2 and upgraded to v 3 and now looking to dump eset because of issues with v 3 Why? solution no brainer roll back to 2.7 wait out the v 3 like fine wine better with age.

18. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Exactly and i wish Eset would realize it instead of treating Outlook Express like a little used "rogue" client and blaming it on the issues :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  19. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Numerous off topic posts removed concerning the pros\cons of other operating systems.

Also, since there really is no support issue involved and the user has had "enough of Eset", we will also bring this thread to a close.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.