Enigma Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by gunnarj, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunnarj

gunnarj Registered Member

Anybody have anything to report about this new free firewall?

NEW!! EnigmaFireWallFREE

*RECOMMENDED PRODUCT! Rich in features, this product protects you from hackers entering your computer and prevents any information from being transmitted without your knowledge.

Engima Firewall

Enigma Firewall > User Opinions

-gunnarj

2. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

didnt try it...but i notice that enigmasoftwaregroup.com is listed as a 'bad' url by some hosts file sites, making me think that it could be a spying vehicle camouflaged as a firewall

but i dont know

3. minacross

minacross Registered Member

I installed EnigmaFW and found it an annoying program. :doubt:
    each time I open a new tab (I use Mozilla 1.6) it askes me to allow this connection, even if I allowed it - the same program/url - before. I haven't seen such behavior form any FW (I used Tiny,Kerio,Sygate,Outpost and ZA)..
    I do not recommend using this software; I think it is not complete yet.. :(

4. minacross

minacross Registered Member

5. sciop101

sciop101 Registered Member

I installed Enigma Firewall and found it easy to set up. I ran a penetration test on it (www.grc.com) and it was weak. I uninstallled it and put Sygate back in.

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

***WARNING*** Enigma Software Group is suspected of being a spyware/malware company. There have been lots of people discussing about whether Enigma is good/bad.
    However, i strongly recommend that you don't even go to their website nor touch any of their products.

Re: Enigma Software Group
    it depends who you ask i think :D , but they are bad news in my opinion, they are among the various companies who were trying to make a dollar off of spybot search and destroy, no thanks to google , and you need to pay for anything to be removed , even if the reports are false .. they also got blacklisted at bluetack.

heres a bit more:
    http://forums.net-integration.net/i...showtopic=11043

hopefully im not alone in thinking they are not worth the trouble, and you should stick with the real anti-spyware programs like adaware and spybot S&D.

but not this spybot ripoff either: :D
    http://forums.net-integration.net/i...showtopic=13938

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

what tahoma says seems to have a point. i like this part of his statement: spying vehicle camouflaged as a firewall.

well said, tahoma.

8. gunnarj

gunnarj Registered Member

Thanks all for your replies.

I won't be testing this firewall out anytime soon.

There wasn't much information given out at all at their website, hence the question. Now I think i know why they don't say too much.

gunnarj

9. lukjbo

lukjbo Registered Member

I used it in twin with other firewalls, every time I tryied to change something like passwd on hotmail and similar, the enigma tryied to connect to 67.15.16.32, port 80. I suppose it is not a good thing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.