Enigma Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by gunnarj, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunnarj

gunnarj Registered Member

Anybody have anything to report about this new free firewall?

NEW!! EnigmaFireWallFREE

*RECOMMENDED PRODUCT! Rich in features, this product protects you from hackers entering your computer and prevents any information from being transmitted without your knowledge.

Engima Firewall

Enigma Firewall > User Opinions

-gunnarj

2. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

didnt try it...but i notice that enigmasoftwaregroup.com is listed as a 'bad' url by some hosts file sites, making me think that it could be a spying vehicle camouflaged as a firewall

but i dont know

3. minacross

minacross Registered Member

I installed EnigmaFW and found it an annoying program. :doubt:
    each time I open a new tab (I use Mozilla 1.6) it askes me to allow this connection, even if I allowed it - the same program/url - before. I haven't seen such behavior form any FW (I used Tiny,Kerio,Sygate,Outpost and ZA)..
    I do not recommend using this software; I think it is not complete yet.. :(

4. minacross

minacross Registered Member

5. sciop101

sciop101 Registered Member

I installed Enigma Firewall and found it easy to set up. I ran a penetration test on it (www.grc.com) and it was weak. I uninstallled it and put Sygate back in.

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

***WARNING*** Enigma Software Group is suspected of being a spyware/malware company. There have been lots of people discussing about whether Enigma is good/bad.
    However, i strongly recommend that you don't even go to their website nor touch any of their products.

Re: Enigma Software Group
    it depends who you ask i think :D , but they are bad news in my opinion, they are among the various companies who were trying to make a dollar off of spybot search and destroy, no thanks to google , and you need to pay for anything to be removed , even if the reports are false .. they also got blacklisted at bluetack.

heres a bit more:
    http://forums.net-integration.net/i...showtopic=11043

hopefully im not alone in thinking they are not worth the trouble, and you should stick with the real anti-spyware programs like adaware and spybot S&D.

but not this spybot ripoff either: :D
    http://forums.net-integration.net/i...showtopic=13938

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

what tahoma says seems to have a point. i like this part of his statement: spying vehicle camouflaged as a firewall.

well said, tahoma.

8. gunnarj

gunnarj Registered Member

Thanks all for your replies.

I won't be testing this firewall out anytime soon.

There wasn't much information given out at all at their website, hence the question. Now I think i know why they don't say too much.

gunnarj

9. lukjbo

lukjbo Registered Member

I used it in twin with other firewalls, every time I tryied to change something like passwd on hotmail and similar, the enigma tryied to connect to 67.15.16.32, port 80. I suppose it is not a good thing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.