Engine Update 2.000.9 available?????

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Pretender, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

Is this only needed if there is a problem with blue screen on XP? or is this one everyone should install. Confused o_O

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

ESET is still testing the new engine 2.000.9. In few days, Eset will release the "official" engine. It's recommend that you use it pre-release engine only if you've the blue screen bug, however I install it (I don't affected by this bug) and work perfect on my XP.

3. Pretender

I can't understand why I don't have the 2.000.8 version yet?!? I'm using XP with NOD32 V2 and updates have looked like they've come across fine, but I'm still showing 2.000.6........ Did I get left out for some reason? Granted that I don't want a blue screen problem, but o_O

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

ESET put away the version 2.000.8 for the slow-down problems, ESET will put this component upgrade soon.
    The 2.000.6 work perfect, this version isn't affected by the blue screen bug. Don't worry. ;)

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I, like u also have the 2.000.6. with xp. If u never did that troublesome PCU update a few weeks ago, this is normal.

Like sir_carew says this 2.000.9 engine is only for people who had the 2.000.8 update and are having blue screen problems.

When eset puts the new update back up(suppose to be next week) then u will be able to get the 2.000.8 update.

snowbound

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well that sticky doesn't say the upgrade is only for those with the XP problem! If it isn't for others then the sticky should say that clearly. I just clicked on the link and went to get the upgrade and THEN saw from the page linked to that this is NOT for anyone except those on XP with the problem

7. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

I was confused as well. I didn't have blue screen with 2.00.8 but I installed it anyway because I wasn't sure what to do. :doubt:

In the end does everyone not update to 2.000.9. That is the reason I went for it. :)

8. Pretender

I'm just gonna leave everything as it is and hope that the auto update gives me what I need. If I encounter problems then I'll bug whomever I need to get answers..........whatever :)

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

2.000.9 will become available soon as a auto-update, it is under heavy testing. Sit back, relax, don't worry, it will arrive :D

Cheers :D

10. GoonMan

GoonMan Registered Member

From Eset Link Paul posted at the top of the Forum.

Quote:
    Most likely, you got to this page because you are experiencing bluescreens caused by Amon device driver, the on-access scanner of NOD32 Antivirus System produced by Eset. The information below should help you troubleshoot this issue.

Eset, the producer of NOD32 Antivirus System is aware of this situation and has a fix available.
    If you have recently performed a component upgrade of NOD32 to version 2.000.8 and this problem occurs upon shutdown of Windows XP, please follow this procedure:
    Make sure you have version 2.000.8 installed. You can verify this by clicking the NOD32 Antivirus System icon in systray, then double-click on NOD32 System Tools in the tree menu and click on Information. Then scroll down to "Information on installed components" in the right panel. It should read "NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 - Base Version: 2.000.8". If it does not, please contact Eset support via this url: http://www.nod32.com/support/supreq_new.htm

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you get the error and send it to Microsoft, you'll get a link to a website with instructions how to install the fix.

12. iztok

iztok Guest

Could U give me this link?

13. sig

sig Registered Member

The link to NOD's site with the 2.000.9 download is in Paul Wilders' thread about that update at the top of this forum.

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The error message, takes you to Microsoft, which then points you to a link to Eset, which then tells you that the next update 2.000.9 will fix the problem...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.