Enemies of the State [29C3] Jesselyn Radack, Thomas Drake, William Binney

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ComputerSaysNo, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

Yes it is a great video but unless we can watch it anonymously, then it destroys the whole purpose of the video. Does anyone have a good Tor add-on which allows us to download the video and watch it offline? The add-on mustn't require javascript, flash, and anonymity compromising features.

2. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

lols, as mentioned several times here , you can watch youtube clips in html5 as well no need for flash , so yes you can watch it with regular tor browser bundle, or just use a vpn as you should in the first place ;)

3. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I am definitely not very tech savvy so I would greatly appreciate if you can provide me step-by-step instructions on how to use html5 on tor browser bundle for watching Youtube videos over tor. I know html5 is available on Linux Liberte but I don't think Linux Liberte is as anonymous as Tor Browser Bundle given its poor ratings on

ip-check.info

compared to Tor Browser Bundle.

It is also possible Linux Liberte is a honeypot.

4. Doubt it. But anything is possible.

5. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

i use MiniTube - its free on linux and cost about $10 iirc on windows. maybe run it thru proxy, idk.

title of this thread reminds me of the great movie with Gene Hackman and Will Smith.

6. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Watched Applebaum's...good stuff.

PD

7. hidden

hidden Registered Member

LIBERTE LINUX QUESTION

Not trying to hijack the thread, but since Liberte appeared:

"The Internet connection is then used to set up a Tor circuit, which handles all network communication. During first boot, a unique email ID is generated from fingerprints of user's certificate and Tor hidden service key. This persistent ID allows one to stealthily communicate with other Liberté users."

http://freecode.com/projects/liberte

Is unique email ID really the way to remain stealthy? A good first approximation, I expect, but for some reason "unique", "persistent", and "fingerprints" always scares me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.