End of LnS trial

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by djg05, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

My trial has come to an end and was not aware that it had done so a was leaving me unprotected. Sure it did come up with its screen but there was nothing obvious about it ending.

I am not totally sure that LnS cannot be stop by a rouge program. I tried stopping it in task manager (Win 2k) twice in succession and both attempts were denied, but later I noticed that it had gone from the tray and no longer seemed to be working.

Also never managed to get it to allow a connection to my other computer.

Not sure about these issues and since I can no longer test I will have find another, in the meantime I will continue with Kerio 2.1.5

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

I think Look ‘n’ Stop was design pretty good to handle itself up against different Termination attacks, couple of things like a particular feature "Keep Internet filtering active after the application is left." should be activated in “Advanced Options” (which only available now to you ONLY if you purchased Look ‘n’ Stop).

Now you should look out side of the box, meaning Task Manager or what Windows conveniently offers will never cut it, there is a DCS app and freeware yet called APT (Advanced Process Termination) and it covers at least “nine (9) different process termination techniques”. Available at http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=apt

It been awhile but I do believe Look ‘n’ Stop keeps on ticking to protect regardless termination method, the only problem is Look ‘n’ Stop Systray icon will be no longer, and actually it takes minute or two for its systray icon to disappear, or if you move your mouse cursor over top of the systray icon, it should disappear instantly. However if you try running an client that has not been added to Look ‘n’ Stop Application Filtering list, or one that has been removed from Look ‘n’ Stop Application Filtering list before running the tests you should see an issue with connecting, No Look ‘n’ Stop Application filtering alerts, but also no connections capable.

And if you run via shortcut Look ‘n’ Stop, it should refresh and insert systray icon, without running second instance of itself. I also know most of what I mentioned applies for WinXP, 2000 might be slightly different grounds.

;)

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks Phantom

I think I maybe in error here. Have managed to get it going again and cannot make it happen again, which is encouraging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.