Encyrpting folders & files

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by guyontheweb, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guyontheweb

guyontheweb Guest

Regarding CryptoSuite....

(1) if I move/copy an unencrypted file to an encrypted folder, is the file automatically encrypted?

(2) do you recommend encrypting BOTH the folder and the files in the folder?

(2) is there a CryptoSuite user manual that provides details?

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Hello, Guy. While I'm not an expert, I've been using CS for a while. So in the absence of more knowledgeable support, I'll see if I can be of assistance.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Encrypted Folder". You basically create Cryptosuite Archives (which is a separate .cse file ) by adding other types of files to the archive using the Crypotsuite software. You can add and remove files from these archives as you need to. You can either drag files or entire folders into the archive. Anything in these archives is encrypted.

When you drag a folder into a .cse archive, your basically copying the contents of the folder inside the archive, which will be encrypted. But the original folder will not be encrypted - only what you have added to inside the .cse file will be encrypted. I would then delete the original files / folder. When you need to access them, simply decrypt them for temporary viewing.

Please see their website for more detailed info.

Jason - If I have said anything that is not accurate, my apologies in advance.

3. guyontheweb

guyontheweb Guest

Thanks Dazed.

One more question:

if I have an Excel file in the CryptoSuite archive..... can I just open the file within the archive, make changes, and save ......and the encryption integrity is unchanged?

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

That's a good question, guy. I've been meaning to ask Jason this one, too. Because my experience has been that you will need to decrypt the Excel file, make the changes, save the updated file to your PC, delete the old version from the archive, and reintroduce the updated version into the archive. But I might be wrong here. I'm sure Jason will respond in the next few hours.

5. smbruce

smbruce Registered Member

Jason

As someone who's just downloaded the trial I'd really appreciate knowing the answer to this too. I would need to deal with many of my encrypted files in just this way, because they get updated each day - maybe several times.

Thanks.

Steve

6. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi smbruce :).

The ability to do this is already being implemented (just not in the public release yet). I look forward to this function also.

Regards,
    Jade.

7. smbruce

smbruce Registered Member

Cheers Jade! :)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.