Encryption software solution similar to Enterprise Encryption software?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by itsonlyme999, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsonlyme999

itsonlyme999 Registered Member

Hi - I am new here and I dont really know if this is the right topic for this area. If not, please let me know.

I am planning to encrypt my HDD, but I want something similar software and free which can do as good of a job than the enterprise encryption software.

I know about Truecrypt, but I dont know about its open source code whether I should trust it or not. No body knows who is the actual developer of this software. So I dont know about Truecrypt.

And theres another encryption software (not for HDD) but for file encryption developed by the USAF laboratory here.
    http://spi.dod.mil/ewizard.htm

I would really appreciate it if someone can shed some light about Truecrypt. I just dont trust it due to its open source development.

Thanks!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

All the info you need about TrueCrypt is on the net (including these forums). Many people trust it and use it. If you don't trust it because of it being open source then I doubt there is anything that can be said that hasn't be said many times to persuade you otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.