Encode MP3s @512?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Jan 13, 2017.

1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Would anyone know how to encode MP3s at 512kbps? I've got Wondershare Video Converter and it has a 512 option for MP3s but when I tried it the files ended up being 320kbps. Now I don't know if something's wrong with the program, if I'm doing something wrong, or if I'm trying something that isn't possible. I'm looking for a happy medium between FLAC and MP3 320. The most I can get for MP3s on Audacity is 320kbps.

2. allizomeniz

Never mind. Think I'll abandon this project for now. Turning into more work than it's worth.

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

320Kbps is the highest bitrate for MP3s. You can't encode them at 512Kbps.

4. allizomeniz

Thanks for letting me know that roger. Seems like a big design flaw in Wondershare. It shouldn't even offer that option if it'll never work, imo.

5. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

There's no reason to enconde MP3 at 512kbps. At this bitrate, is better to use an lossless codec like FLAC or ALAC.

BTW, with AAC you can encode at 512kbps, but again, it is a complete overkill, since AAC at 256kbps should be fully transparent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.