enabling protection

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gingurry, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingurry

gingurry Guest

Why do I always have to enable protection for restricted sites? I have to do this constantly

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are these items usually the same....and do you by chance use programs such as Spybot's Immunize, IE-Spyad....etc ?

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I don't even understand why SpywareBlaster has its own list of restricted sites.
    Why doesn't SpywareBlaster use the Windows Hosts File to protect us against malicious websites and recommend users to install MVPS, BLUETACK or any other hosts file ?

How many software companies are looking for the SAME malicious websites anyway ? Speaking of redundancy pffffff.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While there are manyyyy malicious sites in the database....as there are in IE-Spyads, Spybot....etc....there are many sites that are not considered malicious and simply need to be restricted from what they can do. As I'm sure you are aware....using a Hosts file definetly restrcits what a site can do that's listed in those databases. It's all good....but different strokes for different folks.

5. gingurry

gingurry Guest

I have Spybot but it used to never do this until recently. It seems like everytime I open Internet explorer that I get pop ups and when I check SpywareBlaster I have to enable protection for restricted sites. That helps for a little bit and then some pop ups show up again and I have to enable protection again. It's a constant cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.