Enable all protection---

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bkmanns, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkmanns

bkmanns Registered Member

Which is what I want. But then it shows (in restrictd sites) 7 sites still unprotected. Click enable all again--now 37 sites unprotected!! Do it one more time--now 8 sites unprotected.
    Anyone have any idea what gives??

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Is all this clicking being done pretty much within the same time frame....or is the clicking being done after running certain spyware cleaning programs ?

3. bkmanns

Did it immediately--. Also should add that this happens even after I run ADAWare and it shows "No critical Objects".
    Tried all over again today. Same result. Even after clicking enable all protection, it shows 7 unprotected sites. Clicked enable all protection again--now shows 37 unprotected sites!! Has Malware taken over Spywareblaster??
    Maybe I should uninstall, then run ADAware again, then reinstall Spywareblastero_O?? Beginning to appear too complicated for a novice like me--I need a user friendly program that WORKS.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Let's not give up on this ghost just yet Please. Spywareblaster is about one of the easiest set and forget programs around....and most of the False positives, items being un-checked....etc....are the direct result of other programs.

Having said that....would you mind listng some of the other programs you have as it concerns Security\Privacy....STOPzilla o_O

5. bkmanns

How did you know about Stopzilla--? I added that after this trouble with Spywareblaster--
    Anyway, I also have Norton Antivirus, ADaware, and Zone Alarm firewall. Norton and Adaware show no infections or critical objects on my machine.
    Wonder if Windows startup has anything to do with this?? My brother had me type in msconfig in the Programs/run area. It shows Windows in a "selective" startup mode. There are a # of things starting up that I have no idea what they even are--. I hesitate to go back to normal startup w/o any idea of what I'm doing.
    PS I downloaded Spywareblaster when my homepage was hijacked and Adaware was unable to do anything about it. It kept removing the "critical objects", but the when I turned the computer on, there they all were again!!
    So I needed a program to stop all this before it got on my computer.
    Thanks again for any help--

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

We had a thread recently where an individual posted with a problem that gave the same indications as yours....and through questioning\gathering of info....it was determined StopZilla was the cause of the randomly protected\unprotected Restricted Site items in Spywareblaster.

This thread---> Restricted Sites Randomly Not Enabled in SB and Spybot
    Unless you are mistaken about the order in which StopZilla was installed....and the occurence of the Spywareblaster problem....I reckon it might not be Stopzilla....but it sure is a coincidence :doubt:

7. bkmanns

Well-let's see if I can "disable" Stopzilla and see what happens.
    Should add tho that for now anyway, between SPywareblaster and Stopzilla, nothing appears to have gotten through. Last 2 adaware scans have been completely clean--and that's never happened before.
    Again-much obliged for your help and advice!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.