EMSX Issues

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by PR1811, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PR1811

PR1811 Registered Member

Hi,

I've been having problems with the EMSX on our 10 Exchange 2010 SP1 servers.

1. Users often see "Microsoft Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange server..." I've seen that this is usually an issue with 4.2 and Windows 2008 R2, I've followed the KB article and while it's got better I'm still getting the issue

2. I've told EMSX not to scan all files (selecting the default extension list from all the different sections in the Settings Panel, but I can still see under Statistics that it's constantly scanning all the *.tmp files, I've even added an exclusion to C:\Windows\Temp\*.tmp and still it scans them

3. In event viewer I keep getting error 9843:

I've looked on Google and can't find any reference to this issue.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Please indicate the build of EMSX you have installed currently. This path was written based on an install of 4.2.10012.0 so please let me know if it's different for you. As a troubleshooting step,

1. Go into the EMSX GUI
    2. Press F5 for advanced setup
    3. On the left locate the Mail Server Protection (in bold under the antivirus and antispyware section)
    4. Expand Mail server protection
    5. Expand Microsoft Exchange Server
    6. Highlight the VSAPI 2.5, then uncheck the box for Background scanning and click ok.

If the problem persists, go to the same section and disable the VSAPI module completely. Let me know the result.

Thanks,

Matt

3. PR1811

PR1811 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm running the latest build 4.2.10020.0

Found the background option and turned it off, will see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

4. Berserker

Berserker Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.