EMSX 4.2 - question about Antispam Global whitelist etc.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by FAC73, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FAC73

FAC73 Registered Member

Hi,

Running ESET Mail Security for Exchange 4.2.10019 on our SBS2003 Exchange server.

I'm a bit confused about what exactly are the Global Whitelist/Blacklist/Exception lists, and I was hoping someone could shed some light on them. There's nothing referenced in the ESMX userguides or help files.

My initial thoughts were that the Global lists were network-wide, i.e. global, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I was expecting that, if I copy an entry from my PC's ESS client User's Whitelist to the Global Whitelist, it would be copied to the server's Global Whitelist, but that doesn't happen.

Am I missing something, or is the Global Whitelist that appears on my ESS client not the same Global Whitelist that appears on my server? And, if not, why not?

Cheers

Neil

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

Please advise us of, "where in the software user interface are you seeing the reference, 'Global Whitelist', in the EMSX, or ESS software?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.