Emsisoft Version 5 At Softpedia.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by wtsinnc, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

2. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

cool, is it still in beta? im using asquared free for on demand scanning and it still 4.5 and the name hasnt changed to emsisoft emergency kit yet. will it update it automatically or do u have to uninstall asquared free and install emsisoft emergency kit.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

It will update automatically when it is released or it will be downloaded if you enable "Download Beta Updates" option.

4. gery

gery Registered Member

if anyone using it how is it going? Still heavy?

5. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I've been using it since yesterday evening.
    On my P-4 machine, web access and page rendering are noticeable slower than without it; more performance impact than either Avast 5 or Avira 10 AVs.

Following install, you are given the choice of a three day trial, 30 days if you "register", or to add a previously purchased license key.
    I chose the three day trial but get a "buy now" nag screen every time I boot.

All program modules are fully active with the three day trial option and configuration is pretty much identical to version 4.5

I'm going to uninstall it; too much negative with the slowdown and completely unnecessary nag screen.
    Only a few moments ago, I got another "buy now" nag screen" pop-up while writing this post.

Normally I'm a big fan of Emsisoft/A-Squared products, but not in this case.

No thanks. :thumbd:

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

definitely not heavy in my use.

7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

The only slow down I had ever had was either running a full scan or when its updating a large download.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Being using it since first beta and it have never caused any problems :D

9. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

A direct link to the latest beta setup is available on our download page too:
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download/

@wtsinnc: If you select "Freeware License" on the 'nagscreen' (we call it trial notify screen), you'll never see that dialog again. Same if you enter a valid full license of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.