Emsisoft Service

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CrusherW9, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrusherW9

CrusherW9 Registered Member

I'm using Emsisoft's Commandline Scanner and it mentions turning on the service so that it doesn't have to every time you scan. I have tried this but I can't seem to get it to work. No new services or processes show up in task manager. I'm not sure if something is supposed to but yea, anyone have any insight on this?

2. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

CrusherW9,

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/cmd/

3. CrusherW9

Yes but it doesn't work...

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

So you are saying that it doesnt even runs or you are just saying that you just cant run the service but it still scans? :rolleyes:

5. CrusherW9

I can scan fine but the service does not run, or atleast, stay running after a scan ends.

6. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Just successfully tried it on one of my systems following these steps:

1. Downloaded the Emsisoft Anti-Malware Command Line scanner package (using EEK won't work) and unpacked it.
    2. Opened a command line prompt as an Administrator. This is necessary for the first time as otherwise the service can't be installed due to lack of permissions.
    3. Ran "a2cmd.exe /s" to cause the command line scanner to install the service.
    From now on you can essentially instruct the command line scanner to perform actions through then service using the "/s" parameter. So updating through the server would be "a2cmd.exe /u /s". Scanning C:\Windows through the service would be "a2cmd.exe /s C:\Windows" and so on. While for the first execution administrator rights are required they are no longer necessary later on.

7. CrusherW9

Thank you very much! I got it to work. I wasn't thinking and forgot to run cmd.exe as admin :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.