Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 11 has been released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Fabian Wosar, Nov 12, 2015.

1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

My understanding is that Emsisoft Anti-Malware 11 ships with native 64-bit build and that the installer file includes both 32 and 64-bit builds.

Is this correct? Does the installer automatically determine which build to install? I downloaded last night and got a single exe. install file. I just opened it and let it do its thing. Did it install the native 64 bit version on my Windows 8.1 64 X PC??

Congratz on a nice of work Fabian :) I expected nothing less :)

2. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Yes, it does. It will pick the correct version and install it. No need to worry about anything.

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

What? Me Worry :)

Ok so do not know where to post this but I will start here. I have installed on my Win 8.1 PC, in addition to EMIS 11, I have installed MBAE and HitmanPro Alert. In combination with Bitdefender IS 2016 there were no major issues. But I know BD IS 2016 on its own was giving me browsing issues, particularly with https: sites. But with EMIS 11 have a critical issue. Since installing EMIS 11 my PC has been misbehaving in ways that I have never seen before. My PC will totally freeze from time to time, seemingly at random. It's not associated with any particular activity. Happens when surfing and while playing games. Another strange thing is that if I hit Escape while frozen, my PC restarts. So I don't know where the conflict is. I hated to do it, but I have started by uninstalling HitmanPro Alert. And will see. After uninstalling HitmanPro Alert, I think I should have started with uninstalling MBAE because it is known to have caused an issue at least with KIS, but that was of an entirely different nature = browsers refused to open, and it remains an issue only because of Kaspersky's arrogant attitude in not speaking with MBAE peeps who have a solution which they are being forced to do on their own within MBAE (beta). But my issue is a deal-breaker for someone.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. laopa

laopa Registered Member

Sqeezed between the Pacific and Indian Oceans
    EIS 11 Update keeps Crashing BSOD My PC and Laptop

Hi,

This feels like deja vu on the last major EIS Update around Jan 2015. That was supposedly an IPv6 issue?

My Win 7 Home Premium 64Bit PC has crashed four time so far today after the auto update to ES 11.0.0.5911.

If relevant I have been streaming content before all crashes.

WhoCrashed reports that it is the EIS Firewall that is causing the BSODs. I have disabled the EIS Firewall and am running the Windows Firewall. (that idea did not work as the PC has BSOD Crashed after disabling EMSI Firewall)

Chrome will work but not in SandBoxie. Nor will Vivaldi.

Sandboxie as reported in other Posts does not work properly with the EIS Update.

There may be other affected programs that I have not discovered yet.

Seriously if Emsisoft knew there were stability issues related to Chrome, Sandboxie etc. why did they unilaterally upgrade us all to EIS 11?

A "Leap in Technology" it might be but it is a "Gigantic Step backwards in Stability".

Again like last time EMSI throws its users and customers to the wolves with clearly unstable Security Software. How is this possible?

I better get this posted before my next BSOD.

Looking forward to fixing this and getting some answers.

Help!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

"If Emsisoft knew" Of course they knew and released it anyway. Nonsense. It is totally stable here. I just don't run Chrome.

6. laopa

laopa Registered Member

I am sorry but you need to check the EIS and EAM Forums over at Emsisoft.

There were known issues with Chrome, which also seem to have affected Vivaldi and the latest versions of Opera, which are Chrome based, and more problems with Sandboxie.

Happy to hear that you are not a Chrome user however Chrome users make up over 30% of the Browser Market = Internet Users, not even counting those on Opera and Vivaldi

Emsisoft say that they tried to fix this Chrome problem in the last Beta but clearly, as they admit, they actually did not fix it.

"Fabian is aware of the issue with Google Chrome, and is working on a solution. Technically he already has one, and it was published to Beta Updates earlier today, however there were some issues with it and may need some more work. Feel free to try it if you want, however there is a possibility that explorer.exe may crash and all of the programs you have running will suddenly start reopening.

Best regards,

Arthur Wilkinson [Support/Quality Assurance]
    Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com"

They obviously knew that they were going to affect over 30% of Internet Users just on the Browser side, irrespective of Sandboxie with EIS 11.

They still then auto upgraded their EIS customers to EIS 11, which has been reported by users as "unstable".

They are now working to "really fix" it we are told.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  7. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

Not only does it effect chrome users,but you have a guy walking a dog across the screen that does not use chrome saying all is well which in turn makes your complaint seem irrelevant,which to me is wrong,when it boils down to a customer that paid for the product,how can he do that?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  8. laopa

laopa Registered Member

@Nutty Kutchie

Thanks for the support.

Bye the bye and on the low down, you should be careful, as "the dude with the dog" seems to be a player over on the EMSI Forums as well as here.

Based upon my own experience these "live for the forum" types do not take implied criticisms well at all.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  9. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Same issue occurred with only HMPA installed. Have uninstalled HMPA and reinstalled MBAE. Maybe the problem is with EMIS 11. Will report update later.

10. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

I saw the threads at Emsisoft. And indeed, it seems many users are having issues with Chrome.
    However, personally, I haven't encountered any issues. I have used EIS 10, EIS 11 beta(for a brief time) and currently using EIS(stable) all seems fine to me.
    It probably won't make any difference but just in case, I'm using Google Chrome x64

11. laopa

laopa Registered Member

@Azure Phoenix,

I can run latest Chrome outside of Sandboxie on my System but if I do it increases the chances of a BSOD with EIS 11.

The straight x 32 Chrome will not work in Sandboxie as with all Chrome based Browsers with EIS 11 onboard.

Tried upgrading to Chrome x 64 but it did not solve the Sanboxie issues. Good suggestion though.

Still not prepared to let it run outside Sandboxie for fear of reaching double digit BSODs since Friday 13th (6 so far) , when EIS auto updated from a stable EIS 10 to EIS 11 and all the current instability problems people are reporting.

Thanks for the comments.

12. fax

fax Registered Member

I am not running sandboxie and I have no issue whatsoever with Chrome, BSOD, crashes. So, it does not seem to be widespread problems. From the posts here and at Emsisoft forum I have the impression that they are mostly linked to running multiple security software (Sandoxie, HMPA, spyshelter, GDATA, etc). So, just keep it simple up to when issues are addressed.

13. laopa

laopa Registered Member

@fax

I'm sorry but how do you get from the fact, that you personally on your potentially unique system, on which you do not run Sandboxie and have had no issues with Chrome or BSOD crashes, to "it" not seemingly, being a widespread problem? What is "it" in your experience?

You also do not state if your own personal experience is based upon running EIS 11 and or EAM 11 on your system?

The posts over at Emsisoft on EIS 11 and separately on EAM 11 can not be simply swept into a bundle of isolated problems related to "running multiple security software" as you suggest from you "impressions".

I am also trying to keep it simple but having been an Online Armor and Emsisoft Paying Customer for more than 10 years and like many other users/customers already having suffered multiple BSODs based on the Jan 2015 updates, I feel totally justified in raising these issue early for the benefit of all.

I am also after my Jan 2015 experience prepared to sit here and twiddle my thumb as my systems crash on a regular daily basis = 6-7 times since the update on Friday 13th November 2015.

Mind you back in Jan 2015 they crashed on such a frequent basis that they could not be stated without crashing on boot.

That said Emsisoft are a great company with great software but based upon the last 12 months they are developing a tendency to release updates/upgrades that are not as stable as they should be.

14. fax

fax Registered Member

Sorry, here I am with EIS 11 on Windows 10TH2 64bit. No doubt you are experiencing the issue. Its just normal that at each new release some issue may arise as not all users scenarios can be foreseen. I was just reporting that on standard setups EIS 11 works flawlessly. :)

15. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I am running EAM 11 on Windows 10 TH2 64 bit without any problem too, very smooth and stable (no Sandboxie or HMPA)

The problem with Chrome seems to be fixed with the beta update, I would try it.

16. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I have no problems running EAM 11 beta or stable versions using SeaMonkey browser with Sandboxie (my normal browsing habit... not a test)

On Win 10 and Win 7, both 64bit.

I'm sure any issues will get sorted because that's the way Emsisoft is...they don't like loose ends.

They may be a small team but they work hard.

17. laopa

laopa Registered Member

Hi,

I am not meaning to be difficult here but if you are only using your own unique experience to make sweeping statements like "I was just reporting that on standard setups EIS 11 works flawlessly." then I have a problem with that!

EIS 11 clearly has a problem. I also understand and accept that with all updates/upgrades there is a risk but surely for security software paying customers can expect a higher bar for what is acceptable.

Emsisoft clearly knew there was issues with Chrome based Browsers and Sandboxies with EIS 11 but still they unilaterally upgrades/updates all their EIS Customers to an unstable but Press Release Excitingly new version of their software.

Not good enough.

18. laopa

laopa Registered Member

So it could be an EIS 11 Firewall Issue?

They still knew about it before they updated/upgraded their EIS Customers.

19. laopa

laopa Registered Member

Glad to hear that your experience with EAM 11 is positive. You should note however for EIS 11 there is this.

"Fabian is aware of the issue with Google Chrome, and is working on a solution. Technically he already has one, and it was published to Beta Updates earlier today, however there were some issues with it and may need some more work. Feel free to try it if you want, however there is a possibility that explorer.exe may crash and all of the programs you have running will suddenly start reopening.

Best regards,

Arthur Wilkinson [Support/Quality Assurance]
    Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com"

20. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

laopa it is really unrealistic and derogatory to say that Emsisoft pushed out an update that they knew would affect some users.

I'm sure by now with all your many posts about it here and over at the Emsi forum, Emsisoft is aware and working towards a solution.

21. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well I got curious. I've seen many problems with Chrome posted about, and in view of this thread I decided to test My Setup

Win 7x64
    EIS v11 latest updates
    SBIE with Chrome forced
    Appguard, in Lockdown, with Chrome added
    ERP configured for chrome
    HMPA with Chrome Added
    Heimdal Pro

Downloaded latest version of Chrome, configured, added the extensions I want and tested. Everything worked as advertised. No issues, crashes hangs or BSOD's

If you are having major issues, I'd recommend you apply to be a beta tester. Might help them resolve things.

And yes I have reported this on the EIS forums.

22. Eyegor

Eyegor Registered Member

Whilst I do have Chrome installed, I rarely use it and tend to use Firefox. Have experienced no problems with either following EAM update (I don't use SBIE, however).

The way I see it, if EAM causes problems with Chrome, then I'd rather ditch Chrome than EAM. If it came down to questions of trust in software, I know which one I could do without :)

23. hawki

hawki Registered Member

My experiment has shown that it is HitmanPro Alert does not play nice with EMIS 11, at least on my PC. It runs fine with MBAE.

I have used BOTH MBAE and HMPA together with NO issues with EMIS 10, Bitdefender IS 2016 and Norton Security. Dunno why it doesn't get along with Emisoft IS 11.
    OS Win 8.1

So Fabian. Get busy further beefing up EMIS 11's defenses against Ransomware :)

24. laopa

laopa Registered Member

If you are running EAM then perhaps the issue reported by EIS users is related to the Firewall?

I am also sure they will fix it as they really have no other option.

25. laopa

laopa Registered Member

I note that you are shown on the Emsisoft Forum as "Staff" or am I incorrect. Could you clarify that please?

While I commend your curiosity and attempt to reproduce the problems others are having with EIS 11 and even EAM 11 the fact that you failed to have any issues with your "test" does not mean that all the others are wrong and the problem does not exist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.