Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 11 Beta available

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

Updated to latest build 5886 and all is running fine. It was also fine with the previous one! :thumb:

2. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

EAM BETA is working as Smooth as Silk
    Great work folks! :thumb:

3. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Does version 11 gets some kind of anti exploit protection?

4. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

Not that i know of but script protection was worked on.

5. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

The answer to that is a bit complicated. Technically, yes:

NKwcuyM.png

However, you will notice that we do not advertise it and there are also no options for it. It's not listed as a feature either, mostly because it is far from being finished yet. In general I believe holding off security improvements until an arbitrary release date just to somehow "beef up" the release announcement is kind of stupid and not really in the interest of our users. That is why we will roll them out gradually during the coming months and announce them officially once they are complete, the same way we rolled out the script protection in the last version 10 updates already but didn't officially announce them until the version 11 release.

6. Nightwalker

Thanks for the info, as always Emsisoft approach is flawless :thumb:

Version 11 seems to adress many modern security issues, it is really taking the protection to another level.

7. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

I like that philosophy.

What about the risk of false positives or misfunction ?

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I have a feeling that EIS Beta updates might have screwed up my internet connection in my desktop . . .
    Such a PITA. Uninstalling didnt work, reinstalling ethernet drivers didnt work either.

EDIT: Hell yeah! Managed to fix it without reinstalling Windows. I was already getting moody. I'm disabling BETA updates permanently from now on. This is the second time i've experienced serious system issues due to BETA updates. (I've always used BETA updates since they added that option, so its been a couple of years)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  9. fax

fax Registered Member

No issues here with 11V betas apart from a couple of rebooting due to beta updates. Running smooth. No complaints so far. I have been reading about update issues, blocked programs, slow operations... but here I can't see any of these! Good for me :)

10. Nightwalker

11. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

An effective Exploit blocker will take a lot of development time judging by other developers that have already developed their own. I think Emsisoft is making the right decision in not rushing a release just to promote version 11. I think blocking exploits is really important because they can run on the user's machine without any error on the user's part. Having a fully patched system can be very effective, but it does not insure that you are immune to exploits. Adobe Flash has proven that time, and time again. If these features turn out well then I may switch to Emsisoft.

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

A New Thread Has Been Opened Due to Final Release. Let's Post There. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.