EMON and outlook express

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by shem002, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shem002

shem002 Registered Member

I am currently running Nod32 v2.7 and outlook express v6. I have the emon feature enabled but there is no scanning of emails and no menu bars inside outlook. Can someone please help me because if I can't get it to work with outlook express I will have to look for another antivirus program.

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Emon won't work with OE.
    You can set up in Imon.

Gerard

Attached Files:

• imon.gif
      imon.gif
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

EMON is a component of NOD32 which handles the so called MAPI interface . MS Office Outlook is the onliest that works with MAPI . Outlook Express doesn't use MAPI so EMON cannot protect it . However NOD32 has also IMON . IMON is a component which works at the early level Winsock . It scans POP3 and HTTP traffic (~ mail and web) traffic . IMON will check emails before they are stored on the hard disk.

AMON is the most important module . It scans everything on the hard drive on-access , on-create and on-execute . If you save a new threat on your hard drive , AMON will automatically move it to quarantine . If you try to start a malicous file , AMON will pop-up .

You can test with the harmless test file Eicar.org here:
    http://www.eset.com/eicar.com

More about ESET NOD32 here:
    http://www.eset.com/products/index.php

:thumb:

4. shem002

shem002 Registered Member

So it works (IMON) without me knowing it is what you are saying? Do I need to disable EMON then so it doesnt take up resources? Also (DMON) scans microsoft office files, if I disable it will it make my computer go quicker?

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No . Of course , you will know if it find a threat.

Unlikely other AV programs , disabling a component in NOD32 will not make your PC faster . You'll notice no change . So , keep them ON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.