EMON and outlook express

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by shem002, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shem002

shem002 Registered Member

I am currently running Nod32 v2.7 and outlook express v6. I have the emon feature enabled but there is no scanning of emails and no menu bars inside outlook. Can someone please help me because if I can't get it to work with outlook express I will have to look for another antivirus program.

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Emon won't work with OE.
    You can set up in Imon.

Gerard

Attached Files:

• imon.gif
      imon.gif
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

EMON is a component of NOD32 which handles the so called MAPI interface . MS Office Outlook is the onliest that works with MAPI . Outlook Express doesn't use MAPI so EMON cannot protect it . However NOD32 has also IMON . IMON is a component which works at the early level Winsock . It scans POP3 and HTTP traffic (~ mail and web) traffic . IMON will check emails before they are stored on the hard disk.

AMON is the most important module . It scans everything on the hard drive on-access , on-create and on-execute . If you save a new threat on your hard drive , AMON will automatically move it to quarantine . If you try to start a malicous file , AMON will pop-up .

You can test with the harmless test file Eicar.org here:
    http://www.eset.com/eicar.com

More about ESET NOD32 here:
    http://www.eset.com/products/index.php

:thumb:

4. shem002

shem002 Registered Member

So it works (IMON) without me knowing it is what you are saying? Do I need to disable EMON then so it doesnt take up resources? Also (DMON) scans microsoft office files, if I disable it will it make my computer go quicker?

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No . Of course , you will know if it find a threat.

Unlikely other AV programs , disabling a component in NOD32 will not make your PC faster . You'll notice no change . So , keep them ON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.