Emmunize...100% protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ichito, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

"Emmunize--The "Holy Grail" of Computer Security!!!!"
    It's a quotation from site of Emmunize - security program which gives 100% protection against 0-day malware so said its owner and MRG Lab in test "Comparative Efficacy Assessment of Emmunize - March 2011"
    http://allathome.com/allathome/UserFiles/Images/rebuild/Emmunize MRG Lab Results.pdf
    What is Emmunize?...
    http://allathome.com/fru/pg/39545/mitem/17218/default.aspx

Everything looks very beauty, but perhaps not accidentally Emmunize has much in common with Bluepoint Security ... look at the screenshots (made by Zord from Polish forum Safegroup...thanks Zord :))
    - comparison of the contents of folders of both programs show a lot of similar files
    sshot-4_png_600x400_q85.jpg
    - installation of BluePoint is terminated with error message - "Another version of the product is already installed. Further installation is not possible"
    sshot-3.png

And now - at the end - my questions:
    - why so far it is so quiet about the program?
    - is it really so effective?
    - Emmunize is the legal or fake product especially in the context of these words

2. guest

guest Guest

It's funny to see a test done by MRG where an AV with "HIPS" (or execution control) that is going to alert and give a popup for every single file unknown is able to score better than any other and still valid.
    I still remember when they said to SS and CIS that the alerts where not clear enough to count it like it blocked the malware. I wonder what this popups will have in special and the rate of fp's in a complete and "not sponsored test" (It's sponsored?) where everything is tested and said and not just what the vendor want.

As far as I know OA, CIS, PF even NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro (if we assume that is has whitelist) will be able to score the same if you block evey unknown file for the whitelist.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
  3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

No offense to their site, but...it looks like a roguish. :gack:

4. tipo

tipo Registered Member

so this means it`s acting as comodo, right? blacklist - bad, whitelist - good. o_O why would i give up comodo for them?

5. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

In one of the videos they use the example of getting flash video from a trusted friend which is tainted(the flash video). Then they show it with their product installed and it's blocked. One still has to make the conscious decision as to whether to allow or disallow the flash video. Having said that and keeping in mind that the flash was sent from a known and trusted friend, what would most people do, yep, allow it and run the flash and get infected. Of course I may have misunderstood the products capabilities

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

$6.99 a month? That's for one PC. 8.99 for 3 pc's. That is kind of steep. I like how they use all the "cyber attacks" news clips.

7. ichito

ichito Registered Member

8. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

In keeping any eye on the MRG Flash tests since Sept 2010 and reading their online documentation as their methodology evolved, it's clear their installations are default setups and an app given a green Passed did so without user intervention or decision. Otherwise, an orange Passed. I've gathered that a similar construct governs their other tests and is openly presented as such or notated elsewise.

Speaking of vendors and whitelists, does Commodo still install that whitelist of 6000+ "trusted" vendors? (Don't answer that. They do. And it is "just what the vendor want.")

Which isn't very far. Because then you'd know all the major players go to great lengths to scan user systems for trusts when first installed and then auto-update, auto-detect, auto-quarantine, auto-clean, auto-rule build, auto-this, auto-that and then auto-everything else. So your reference to "give a popup for every single file unknown" is moot and invalid unless one evokes the app into an expert mode to bump things up or set to manual.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
  9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It seems to me that Emmunize is little more than an antiexecutable.

To me, using an execution blocker, which does nothing more than alert you if you try to execute an un-whitelisted application, is a bit ridiculous. Id est, you double-click something, and your execution blocker says "Hey, you just double-clicked something!" Wow, thanks -- great information. :cautious:

But seriously. antiexecutable apps have a place on the security spectrum. When leaving visitors or kids alone to use my computer, I use EXE Radar Pro (ERP) in password-protected/stealth mode. That antiexecutable app, plus a recent image (just in case) gives superb protection from the misdeeds of mischievous or careless hands. ERP is a one-off buy as opposed to Emmunize's monthly license fee.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

bell is correct;)

11. guest

guest Guest

There is no orange in this test, just 0 or 1

12. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Good to see another product on the scene :rolleyes:

I will try it soon :D

Don't worry it's just couple of days till we hear about

" a new Rogue that bypass Emmunize" :mad:

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very true

14. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

I think this is Bluepoint Security under a new name. Watching their videos it seems almost identical.

15. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Why doesn't this statement surprise me? (Sarcasm) I am definitely not surprised if that's the case. (Serious :D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.