EMET tray icon error

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Firebytes, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I have never used EMET before but today I installed EMET 4.1 on an XP SP3 system. I noticed that even though I am in an admin account, I can't open the GUI via the tray icon. I get an error message stating that admin privileges are required. I can open the GUI fine through the start menu however.

I found a few threads where people have mentioned having this problem but I didn't see that a solution was found. Does anyone know how to correct this? If I can't correct it, other than it being an inconvenience for me, will it harm the functionality of the program?

2. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

Its a known problem and there is no resolution yet. It does not affect the programs functionality.

3. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

On Windows 7 in admin account it is just the same issue. Though functionality is OK.

4. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thank you for the information.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I had the same problem on Windows 7X64. I started a thread about it, and someone pointed me to this thread. I will just use an earlier version. I hope they get this resolved soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.