EMET and Windows 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xxJackxx, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Now that Windows 8 has been out for a bit, how is EMET working for anyone that has it installed? And what version are you using? It is not officially available for Windows 8 so I have hesitated to install it without knowing how it is working for others. Unfortunately, with the recent round of Adobe issues, I have tremendous interest in installing it.

2. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

I have been using the EMET 3.5 since Windows 8 came out and overall it is running flawlessly with Windows 8 x64 and I have also all of the ROP mitigations enabled.The only exceptions are IE 10 and system level processes which probably because of Appcontainer refuses EMET other than that everything is perfectly well.

3. xxJackxx

:thumb:
    Is that the desktop version of IE10 or the "Metro" version? Or both? No big worries either way. I am more interested in applying it to Firefox, which needs it more. Thanks for the feedback. :thumb:

4. Gobbler

Gobbler Registered Member

Both desktop and metro versions.

5. xxJackxx

Thanks for the clarification. I have installed 3.5 and applied it to Adobe Reader and Firefox (and the plugin container). No issues so far.

6. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I use EMET 3.5 with DEP, SEHOP, and ASLR all set to "Always On" and many programs protected with all mitigation techniques. I have had very few issues, only with program installers like CCleaners.

7. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Same experience since Win7 (provided I update my ATI drivers) except that I had no problem with CCleaner installer.

On a note though, Realtek HD Audio driver installer refused to install but once you workaround it, the installed driver and program itself works just fine with those settings.

A few other problematic installers/programs I have identified so far includes Advanced Uninstaller Pro, Vit Registry Fix, Q-Dir, etc.

8. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

Using EMET 3.5 on Max Settings in Win 8 Pro 64 bit (Firefox as default browser) - not a single issue thus far.

9. xxJackxx

Thanks for all of the feedback, this is what I was hoping to see. Still running fine here. :thumb:

10. Yeah 3.5 working perfectly here on Win 8 64

11. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

EMET 3.5 works fine for Windows 8 except problems with certain installers and some portable apps I have tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.