EMET 4.0 ,and its sidekick .NET Framework

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Uitlander, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Uitlander

Uitlander Registered Member

A quick Google search using the wording "Is .NET Framework bloated" will yield many opinions such as:

http://www.trinitycore.org/f/topic/8862-why-the-crap-did-ms-make-the-net-framework/

As I see it .NET 3.5 uses 33.3MB space. Add to it SP1 and its another 2.8MB. I assume there are other SP junk that came later, which will add more wasted MBs. Add in the EMET for another 8.3MB. That is not much total space for a useful program, but we differ on the definition of 'useful'....mine does not include programs that are marginally useful, especially those that can be replaced by ones that are really useful. I would agree Java is a much worse security hole, and a greater waste of space, but then there is no lack of bloatware. Both .NET and Java comsumes space, and space is one of many resources. I'll admit that Jave is far worse, in that it is the delight of scriptkiddies, adware purveyors, and other scumbags, but that's for another topic. Without adding actually useful .NET apps, there is nothing to justify having .NET taking up any space.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.