Emergency Technical Support?!?!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by EvilDave UK, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

I just phoned ESET UK (Aspect Systems), only to be told "We're now closed. Please press 2 for emergency technical support". On pressing 2, I was asked for an access code by a recorded voice.

What the hell is this access code?

This bothers me. What if I had a client who had hundreds of licenses, and their XMON stopped working. Would they have to endure the same problem, or is it just a glitch?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You have several options for support:

Telephone during business hours for home users and small networks.

Telephone during out of hours for large networks – pre-registration required and then access code provided (I gather).

Email.

Always open 24 hour international support forum right here at Wilders.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you checked in with Aspect Systems to see what the criteria is for access emergency tech support? It may be a value-added service.

I am not tremendously familiar with Aspect Systems' IVR system, but based on your description it sounds like it was prompting for a passcode to enter the queue for priority/emergency tech support. On such systems, the queue usually routes the call to a voice mail box with notification alerts on it (e.g., once a voice mail is left the PBX calls someone's cell phone, pager number or send an email to a particular address) or hairpins the call out the system to a cell phone (or list of cell phone numbers) until one picks up.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.