Email Virus????

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by hottravellover, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hottravellover

hottravellover Registered Member

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct spot so I'm sorry if this is wrong. At work, I am getting all of my emails 2-5 times. The exact same emails, just in sets. At first I thought this was a server issue, but the person who handles that said no. He said if that were the case, everyone would be getting the same thing. He thought it sounded like some kind of virus or spyware and recommended I run Ad-Aware. Well, I did that and am still getting the same thing. Any suggestions?? I know it seems trivial, but when you get 80 junk emails every day but in sets of two or three it is hard to find the emails that I want.

Thanks, Misty.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I'll move this post to viruses and worms.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried removing your email account settings and placing them back in?

Cheers :D

4. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, what Email client are you using?

5. hottravellover

hottravellover Registered Member

We are using Microsoft Outlook. We deleted my e-mail account and re-added it with higher security settings. That helped dramatically with my spam but did nothing for the multiple sets of e-mails. Thanks for the help.

Misty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.