Email Scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pavil, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pavil

pavil Registered Member

Will NOD32 scan both incoming and outgoing Thunderbird mail? I'm aware that it will scan Outlook and Outlook Express, but I would prefer to use either Thunderbird or some other email client (i.e. Eudora, Poco Mail, The Bat). Thanks.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi pavil, welcome to Wilders.

I use Thunderbird, incoming is scanned by IMON as it is a POP3 account and will be tagged as checked. Outgoing is scanned by AMON only.

Cheers :D

3. pavil

pavil Registered Member

Thank you for the welcome and replying to me. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that my email is scanned and that I am safe to continue using Thunderbird. So, should I uninstall EMON or just leave it alone?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , you don't need to touch EMON .
    Your mail is being scanned twice -> once by IMON and then by AMON.

IMON is the internet monitor of NOD32 . It works in early Winsock level and thus is able to check all your computer traffic . IMON checks pop traffic as well as http traffic and stops the bad one . So it is software independant , which means IMON doesn't care if you use Outlook or Thunderbird, it doesn't care if you use Poco Mail or Eudora , it doesn't care if you use IE or Firefox , no matter the program/client :)

Secondly , AMON is the main NOD32 protection . It scans everything on-create , on-access and on-execute which means your files will be scanned once again .

You are well protected ! :thumb:

5. paroots

paroots Registered Member

I'm a nod32 newbie. I was told on this forum to disable EMON since it served no purpose for a Thunderbird user like me. Does disabling EMON reduce resources? If so, wouldn't that be worthwhile?

6. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

Take it or leave it:) It doesn't make a big difference. I am a Thunderbird-user and I've disabled EMON (really no sense to leave it on)
    But 1 again - it's up 2 U, Mate!:)

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No, I would recommend leaving it alone.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.