Email Scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pavil, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pavil

pavil Registered Member

Will NOD32 scan both incoming and outgoing Thunderbird mail? I'm aware that it will scan Outlook and Outlook Express, but I would prefer to use either Thunderbird or some other email client (i.e. Eudora, Poco Mail, The Bat). Thanks.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi pavil, welcome to Wilders.

I use Thunderbird, incoming is scanned by IMON as it is a POP3 account and will be tagged as checked. Outgoing is scanned by AMON only.

Cheers :D

3. pavil

pavil Registered Member

Thank you for the welcome and replying to me. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that my email is scanned and that I am safe to continue using Thunderbird. So, should I uninstall EMON or just leave it alone?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , you don't need to touch EMON .
    Your mail is being scanned twice -> once by IMON and then by AMON.

IMON is the internet monitor of NOD32 . It works in early Winsock level and thus is able to check all your computer traffic . IMON checks pop traffic as well as http traffic and stops the bad one . So it is software independant , which means IMON doesn't care if you use Outlook or Thunderbird, it doesn't care if you use Poco Mail or Eudora , it doesn't care if you use IE or Firefox , no matter the program/client :)

Secondly , AMON is the main NOD32 protection . It scans everything on-create , on-access and on-execute which means your files will be scanned once again .

You are well protected ! :thumb:

5. paroots

paroots Registered Member

I'm a nod32 newbie. I was told on this forum to disable EMON since it served no purpose for a Thunderbird user like me. Does disabling EMON reduce resources? If so, wouldn't that be worthwhile?

6. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

Take it or leave it:) It doesn't make a big difference. I am a Thunderbird-user and I've disabled EMON (really no sense to leave it on)
    But 1 again - it's up 2 U, Mate!:)

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No, I would recommend leaving it alone.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.