Email Reception In Inbox

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Kas, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

I have Windows XP Home, IE7 and Outlook Express 6.

When a new Email comes into my INBOX, it is at the top of the list being the latest date and the system automatically opens it without my permission.

If this is a rogue Email with malware, a virus, or some other nasty infections, then the system kindly presents me with it and there is nothing I can do about it.

Great system. Let `em all in - rather like the UK immigration system.

I do have several security packs which scan Email receipts, but if the infection is not listed on their data base, then the little devil just sails through and gives me a headache.

Wizards and geeks, please is there a means of my coaxing Outlook Express to keep all received Emails UNOPENED until I have seen the received list in the INBOX and then can choose to open or delete them unopened with a single click ?

Thanks to you all, I am trembling with expectation.
    KAS
    :argh:

2. FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan Registered Member

This should do it:

View>Layout

Uncheck "Show preview pane"

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

In addition to FIOS Dan's suggestion, I recommend:

Tools > Options > Security tab - check Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail.

From then on, whenever an email is opened containing an image, you'll receive this message below the Subject line: Some pictures have been blocked to prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Click here to download pictures.

4. Kas

Kas Registered Member

Hello and many thanks Fios Dan. It seems quite OK. ALL the box content is listed with the latest message at the top., I have them that way in descending order.

The new message stays there forever until I double left click and up comes the message - I have to enlarge it by clicking maximise, but no problem.

That`ll do pal and thanks again. I am very sorry to waste the Forum`s time on such a simple silly little matter, but I never knew what to do. I suppose that is what our Forum is all about - no holds barred - from the simple to the advanced.
    Adios FD
    KAS
    :thumb:

5. FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan Registered Member

You are welcome and no apology is necessary. Glad I could help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.