Email program question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by UpTheCreek, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpTheCreek

UpTheCreek Guest

Hi

Does anyone know a good free program that can be used to report to you whenever you receive an email at any of your email accounts, such as Yahoo, Hotmail and others? Thanks for any replies.

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I use Eudora (sponsored mode) myself. While I've nearly always used it just for my own ISP's mail servers, it does permit setting up multiple "personalities" (one for each address) which you can set so they're all checked simultaneously for incoming mail and download whatever's there, automatically at whatever interval you set or anytime manually.

It works best with standard POP3, but supposedly can also handle IMAP.

Best,
    Mike

3. meneer

meneer Registered Member

4. UpTheCreek

UpTheCreek Guest

Thank you both for the replies. Meneer thanks for those links, I really really appreciate the help. I've been looking for a program like those for sometime now. Again, thanks soooooo much. :D

5. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Most any modern email client like Outlook 2003 or Mozilla Thunderbird will be able to work with Web based IMAP emails. At the very least, they can download your email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.