Email backup errors out

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nailzaz, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nailzaz

Nailzaz Registered Member

I upgraded from True Image Home v9 > v10 and it works great, except when I choose to have it backup my Outlook or "email" files. When I back up, I get a windows (Windows XP Pro) error (non specific) and to send a report or not.

I have turned off all startup items and services, but I still get this error.

Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone offer help?

Thank you,
    Paul
    AZ USA

P.S. I also like the backup settings for specific programs but I wish they were more upto date and/or expanded. For example, adding iTunes 7 (not just 6) and the same for I.E., etc...

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It has been mentioned in a number of posts, that TI 10 is having a problem with an Outlook DLL. It is possible that it is a known MS error, which apparently manifests itself in different ways.

I can only suggest until people either find which one of MS's patches will fix this or Acronis can recode their hook into the DLL, you go with complete imaging for the moment, where this problem will not occur.

Colin

3. Nailzaz

The appeal of upgrading was being able to backup just certain apps like Outlook and iTunes daily and do a complete backup of my drive less frequently... maybe monthly.

I can't backup my iTunes nor Outlook and I'm struggling to justifiy spending over $60 in upgrading two versions to v10.

My apologies for my rant. Maybe it would be best just to do the whole drive incrementally / daily anyway.

Thank you for help it is good to know that I'm not alone with the issue. Would you recommend I press for a refund (if even possible) or would it be best to wait for Acronis to address the Outlook issue as well as the other applications (being older versions, etc...)?

Paul

4. DGregory

DGregory Registered Member

No you're not alone. The two reasons I upgraded were (1) the ability to backup just Outlook or music etc and (2) the ability to backup over an ftp connection to a remote location.

Neither works so it was waste of time and money. Clearly Outlook is an issue as documented here, but anyone else having trouble wth ftp?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Nailzaz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please collect the informations requested in this previous post of mine and then submit a request for technical support? Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best in order to investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution as soon as possible.

Please also note that we do have plans to increase the list of supported Windows applications, which settings can be backed up using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

If you want us to change the behavior of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. Acronis Support

Hello DGregory,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please do as I suggested to Nailzaz and collect the informations requested in this previous post of mine and then submit a request for technical support? Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. This will provide us with additional information that will help us to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible solution.

As for the issue with FTP backups, could you please describe the issue in more details: what exactly did you try to perform? Did you receive any error messages? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. Nailzaz

This problem has been fixed. I got my email notifications to work. I did give up on trying to backup seletected application data (iTunes, etc...) as Arconis 10 doesn't by default show the latest versions (thus they're greyed out) and other issues. It was just simpler to image the whole drive.

I have a new problem and here's the log maybe someone can help me with this:

1 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:03 AM The "drive c | incremental | daily" operation started
    2 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:03 AM Analyzing partition 0-0...
    3 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:04 AM Analyzing partition C:...
    4 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:04 AM Analyzing partition 1-5...
    5 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:04 AM Analyzing partition 0-0...
    6 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:05 AM Analyzing partition E:...
    7 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:05 AM Analyzing partition 0-0...
    8 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:05 AM Analyzing partition F:...
    9 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:05 AM No user command was carried out upon operation start (completion) since no command is set by default.
    10 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:05 AM Analyzing partition 1-5...
    11 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:07 AM Analyzing partition C:...
    12 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:08 AM Specified file does not exist.
    13 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:08 AM The base backup archive file BIGPIGIII.tib for appending incrementally is not found. Backup was started in the full mode.
    14 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:08 AM Create Incremental Backup ArchiveFrom: Disk 1To file: "F:\BIGPIGIII.tib"Compression: High
    15 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:08 AM Pending operation 128 started: "Saving partition structure"
    16 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:08 AM Pending operation 131 started: "Creating partition image"
    17 Information 11/9/2006 5:00:08 AM Locking partition C:...
    18 Warning! 11/9/2006 5:46:07 AM Terminated by user

8. Acronis Support

Hello Nailzaz,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Since this issue is not related with the subject of this thread I have post my reply in this thread you have started.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.