Email and Disk Checking problems.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AWorriedPerson, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWorriedPerson

AWorriedPerson Registered Member

Hello! I am very sorry if this thread is in a wrong place or just too stupid, but I have nowhere else to ask. :doubt:

I ask them in one thread to not to make too many threads.

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the mail system at host ******.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

I was trying to send an email, but it was sent back quite some times. A traffic jam?! Somebody has had encountered similar problem?

And I would like to ask about disk checking. My Computer-Local Drive C:-Right Click-Properties-Tools-Error Checking. It doesn't work anymore. If I mark both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors it won't start at all. When I only mark Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors then two phases are done and message about not being able to complete the process appears.

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Your e-mail message usually occurs when the e-mail address is either wrongly spelled, doesn't exist anymore, or it's reached its maximum storage(sometimes reading the details it tells you the specific reason).

The Checkdisk operation is a bit harder to diagnose (for me anyway), but lately there were issues for people using Kaspersky scanners and having problems with checkdisk taking too long to execute or not completing at all.

Have you ever had Kaspersky scanners on your computer? I should also think there might be other reasons for this operation to fail.

Can you supply more info about your set up? Some real experts might be able to help you.

3. AWorriedPerson

reached its maximum storage I guess it must have been this.

I had kaspersky Antivirus quite long and for some time now I use Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 .

Excuse me, but what do you mean by set up?

Could CCleaner cause this problem? I think I didn't use disk check about a week so it is not certain, but just before I tried to do it, I used CCleaner. Is it possible to CCleaner to mess something up in registry for example?

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I cannot be sure about CCleaner, but I don't think it is responsible of your CHECKDISK problems.

It is more likely caused by Kaspersky scanners which in order to speed up scanning times they install 'Objects Identifiers' to every file in your system.
    You can find some info here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=191451&highlight=objects posts #9 #11 by BlueZannetti.

If you want to do something about it, you ought to follow the instructions in this post: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/show...ge=7&highlight=Kaspersky's Object Identifiers post #161 by BlueZannetti

It looks complicated but it isn't really. Now, I don't know whether the objects Identifiers were fixed with KIS. What you can try is to uninstall KIS, and see if CHECKDISK COMPLETES its operation. If it doesn't, try to clean your hard drive following BlueZannetti's method with post # 161. Try again CHECKDISK, and if it works may be you should consider a different antimalware suite than Kaspesrky (although latest versions might have corrected this issue).

5. AWorriedPerson

Merry Christmas!

Thank you very much for your help. I have some problems I would like to ask about if possible.

I know this sounds really stupid, but what does the "appropriate level in the directory structure" and "root level" mean? I understand that I have to open command prompt. When it opens there will be "C:" written on it. Do I have to write the code directly after it or is it necessary to write something else to there?

My deepest apologizes for wasting your time again.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.