eMachine Confusion.

Discussion in 'hardware' started by takiding, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takiding

takiding Registered Member

hello all,
    im using eMachine ET1861 with this specification:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93 GHZ
    Samsung 2048MB DDR3 RAM
    500GB HDD
    Intergrated Intel HD graphics (built-in)

the questions are :

1. What is the most suitable graphic card i need to install. Now im playing Modern Warfare 2 and it's a bit lagging.

2. What is the suitable value for setting the paging file.

hope you all will help. :)

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    First...get more RAM, max it out to 4 gigs total.

Second...you could spend a loooooooootttt of time experimenting with graphics cards to see which will give you a stable and good performing system. With a lot of base home grade off the shelf models like this eMachine, "upgrades" are often limited. Does the motherboard have a slot? Is there room in the case? Does my power supply have the required 4 or 6 pin power connections that many higher end graphics cards require? Will the graphics card I purchase be compatible with my motherboard, and run problem free, or will it have some quirky conflicts with my motherboard?

A quick check on Google shows that you can purcase your model computer with an nVidia GT320 1 gig graphics card as an option, so we can assume that that particular card will run fine in your system and you'll have a motherboard and power supply that will work with it.

It's currently an OEM only card, but perhaps you can get it through Acer/eMachine. It appears that card will be going retail soon, it's a revamped 200 series nVidia card, DX 10.1 support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.