elitehzd32.exe??

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Pellegrini, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellegrini

Pellegrini Registered Member

Ok, i have a weird spyware problem that originated when i wasnt home (a relative was on my comp, and some how spyware got past spyware blaster) and i cant seem to get rid of it. I am getting pop-ups (1 or 2 every minute now) and RegProtect is constantly (4-8 times a minute) informing me of a registry value added to run called elitehzd.exe (which i searched for at the given path, it wasnt there, or at least not visible). I ran spoybot S&D (which i just updated) and Ad-Aware, both found files, i deleted the files, but somehow this elitehzd.exe manages to regenerate itself. Its rather annoying and i would greatly appreciate any help. thanks.

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Wilders does not allow HijackThis logs anymore but it might be wise to visit one of the sites listed at this link,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

follow the instructions there, post a log and let the experts help u clean out this malware.

snowbound

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

What was the name of the malware detected by Spybot and Ad-Aware?

4. Pellegrini

The first time it found Fizzlebar, Apropos Media,Back Web lite, Funweb, MyWay.MyBar, PeopleOnPage, and the thing that keeps regenerating is Elitum.Elitebar.

5. Pellegrini

I just restarted my comp in safe mode, and still got pop-ups, is that possibleo_Oo_O Im starting to sense that I may have to reformate :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.