Elementery OS, any comments of linux power users?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Windows_Security, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My son had it installed, really well designed interface. Made me doubt to drop Windows 7, but I still need Outlook because I have a Windows 8 phone

Mrkvonic a review + tutorial perhaps :D

2. jnthn

jnthn Registered Member

Mrk already did albeit it was for an earlier preview.

-http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/elementary-beta.html

3. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

I think elementary is an awesome OS. I put it on my girlfriend's pc and she loves it, no complaints. As for power users.... I'm not sure, It's always going to be behind in software, I'm waiting to see how consistent their updates after a ubuntu LTS is released.

4. OKAY, when it is so bad as MrkvonIC mentions, I will pass then

5. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

While I very much respect Mrk. and his knowledge+opinion you must also consider that not everybody shares the same experiences that Mrk. does when reviewing\using an OS as well as different opinions and tastes. I for example, had no hassle printing wireless off my girlfriends notebook where as Mrk. did...wired even?*

If everyone listened to one person, we'd all drive the same car and wear the same clothes... Not everyone is the same man! :D

P.s no hard feelings Mrk.!!! I love your articles and read them regularly and find your humor entertaining :thumb:

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Exactly, don't blindly agree with me on anything.
    Just one man's opinion, that's all.
    You must test for yourself.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.