ekrn.exe causing 100% Cpu usage...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by bseos, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bseos

bseos Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  2. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

Let's say your PC can immediately access the content on the shared folder (sometimes it can not) and let's say that the content of the shared folder has a number of executables and/or compressed files (unless you can provide more details), then this post can be helpful to you: (ESS RC1 On Demand Scan issue) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=186803.

Here's part of what I wrote:
    Just disregard references to profiles and change the words on-demand to Real-time file system protection. Also make sure that the one's you tweak are in the ThreatSense engine parameter setup and not in the additional parameters.

Regards

3. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

Ooppsss... I failed to notice the screenshot. My bad :oops: .

Try unchecking Advanced Heuristics as it has a greater impact on performance (and effectiveness in detecting virus/trojan/malware/etc.) than Potentially unwated/unsafe apps... i think ;) .

Regards

4. bseos

bseos Registered Member

hey thanks for your reply, freesurfer, turning adv. Heuristics off under ThreatSense engine parameter setup solved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.