EFF appeals secret demands for Twitter communications

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by nix, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nix

nix Registered Member

https://www.eff.org/press/archives/2011/03/25

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

I guess every Dutch citizen here on WildersSecurity can vouch for Rob Gonggrijp.
    Founder of Hack-tic magazine in 1989, co-founder of 1st Dutch ISP for citizens XS4ALL, developer of the Cryptophone, member of the Dutch 'this-is-clearly-a-not-so-unhackable-electronic-voting-machine' group etc. (Wikipedia link)

Those after his Twitter info, know well enough that they won't find anything.
    So imao this whole 'legal battle' is nothing more than a futile attempt into scaring off any future Wikileaks(-like) participants.

3. nix

nix Registered Member

Thanks for the link regarding Rob Gonggrijp. I think many people didn't realize he was the person named in the subpoena. Here's Glenn Greenwald's background on Jacob Appelbaum:
    http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/01/10/fear

It is clear that the Twitter subpoena is meant as a message, though it appears to be a singularly ineffective one, considering the target audience.

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

If i was going to use something like Twitter :p , which i don't, for posting "sensitive" etc stuff i would use a Proxy. Quite why other people don't ?

Also i wouldn't use my real name or post identifying material ;)

If more people were a bit more savvy about such things they wouldn't allow themselves to be open to investigation etc.

Having said that, some of the people mentioned must know how to be Anon etc, so why weren't they ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.