Editing a sheduled task BUG.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Xpilot, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Using TI Home V9 3677. Yesterday I edited a scheduled backup task to have it start a bit later. Today the task ran as desired and the log showed the backup as being completed sucessfully. I then ran a restore to my spare hard drive. About halfway through I had an E00070020 message that the restore had failed and that the achhive was corrupt. I tried running the restore a second time with the same result. I then deleted the task and replaced it with a new task. The new backup task ran and the subsequent restore were both sucessful.

So it seems that the task scheduling bug is still present in build 3677. My advice is not to edit scheduled tasks but to delete and replace if they need to be changed. That is unless anyone knows something different.

Xpilot

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xpilot,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- What operating system do you use?

- Where do you store\save backups?

- Are you able to reproduce the problem more than once?

- Provide the more detailed description of your software\hardware environment.

As soon as you provide the information requested above, we'll forward this issue to our Testing Team and they will try to reproduce it in our testing environment.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Doesn't sound like a task scheduler bug; sounds like a read or write problem while making the backup.

I've edited tasks and run backup without probls. Did you verify the .tib files after creating them?

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hello Alexey,
    I use Windows XP SP2.
    Backups are images on an internal slave drive in a secure zone. These are done by scheduled tasks within Windows.
    I have tried twice more to reproduce the problem but it has not recurred.
    So I must conclude that it was just a coincidence that the only one that failed restore just happened to be the one following an edit to the backup task. This was the first edit that I had done since installing 3677.
    I am unable to go back at this stage to examine the original .Tib that failed to restore as it has already been recycled out of the secure zone.

To Schieber,
    No I do not verify .tib files after creating them for the good reason that I actually restore them after creation to exchangable hard drives,my rule being never to restore to a current working hard drive. This to my mind is better and quicker than running a validation process. I also have a still warm hard drive in my hand which can be put back in the computer should the current backup fail. This is exactly what I did when my failed backup actually happened. So at no time was my system or data at risk.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

So sorry Shieber, please accept my apology for mis spelling your name. I realise that the C was not needed.

Xpilot

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xpilot,

Thank you very much for the provided information. Please let us know if the problem appears in the future. We'll certainly proceed with the investigation. At the moment, we consider this an accident and close the case.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.