EdgeGuard Solo...is still worth to use it??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ichito, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I still have in my archive the installation file of EdgeGuard Solo...my question is - it can be still usefull or is better to use MBAE which is a bit similar...I think. I started to think about EGS because of new stable release of MBAE that is a bit castrated in comparison to beta version and paid version costs the same as AppGuard...what is strange for me.

2. It runs the protected programs in LUA-box, does not work on Windows 7. Interesting for XP owners though.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

If I´m correct, EdgeGuard Solo and AppGuard don´t offer advanced memory protection (against buffer-overflow) so it doesn´t offer the same level of protection as MBAE. However, you might want to wait for the new HitmanPro.Alert v3, it will work the same as MBAE. :)

http://www.surfright.nl/en/home/press/surfright-announces-alert-3

4. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks all for reply...currently I'm testing EGS on Vista 32-bit and it works as I expected and wanted - light and silently. I'll plan install it on XP in my wife's laptop to make some restrictions for vulnerable apps and as an additional (to NVT ERP) protections layer . I think it would be a good idea befor new HMPA will want to appear.

5. Would be nice to know whether this works on XP in conjunction with Trust-no-Exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.