EdgeGuard Solo...is still worth to use it??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ichito, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I still have in my archive the installation file of EdgeGuard Solo...my question is - it can be still usefull or is better to use MBAE which is a bit similar...I think. I started to think about EGS because of new stable release of MBAE that is a bit castrated in comparison to beta version and paid version costs the same as AppGuard...what is strange for me.

2. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Registered Member

It runs the protected programs in LUA-box, does not work on Windows 7. Interesting for XP owners though.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

If I´m correct, EdgeGuard Solo and AppGuard don´t offer advanced memory protection (against buffer-overflow) so it doesn´t offer the same level of protection as MBAE. However, you might want to wait for the new HitmanPro.Alert v3, it will work the same as MBAE. :)

http://www.surfright.nl/en/home/press/surfright-announces-alert-3

4. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks all for reply...currently I'm testing EGS on Vista 32-bit and it works as I expected and wanted - light and silently. I'll plan install it on XP in my wife's laptop to make some restrictions for vulnerable apps and as an additional (to NVT ERP) protections layer . I think it would be a good idea befor new HMPA will want to appear.

5. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Registered Member

Would be nice to know whether this works on XP in conjunction with Trust-no-Exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.