eDexter?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRCATES, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I'm curious what others can share with me about eDexter and similar type programs.

I'm using MVPS's HOSTS File Manager along with IE SPYAD and tightened IE browser settings.....all of which result with half blank IE browser pages due to blocked ad space. Will eDexter (or others) greatly help in dealing with this, and is it worth the download? Also, which program (if not eDexter) would be the most highly recommended (if any) to deal with this?

2. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

No, eDexter will not fix the blank space issue, but it will improve download performance. DNS Service should be disabled when using eDexter for it to function properly.

3. JRCATES

Really? Because according to the text below (straight from the eDexter website) that is what it is supposed to do (fill in ad areas blocked by HOSTS and tightened browser security settings)

http://img245.echo.cx/img245/2893/edexter6hx.png

4. JRCATES

Anyone use or used this product...or knows exactly what it does? The literature on their web site seems to indicates a little something different from what AvianFlux said, and I have no clue....so any and all experiences with this would be very helpful....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.