Ecops ransomware intrusion

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by johan39, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johan39

johan39 Registered Member

Hello,

I have Eset Sercurity 5 on my pc. Nevertheless i had 2 intrusions of the ECops virus, blocking my pc and asking for a ransom. Is Eset not giving sufficient protection against this malware?
    Thanks for your advise.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Not sure if you mean this one. If so, it's detected by ESET as Win32/LockScreen.AJA trojan. If you have MD5/SHA1 hash or the file itself, submit it to ESET.

3. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

See this one https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=332305. I basically reported the same. Either sometimes Eset is not quick enough or the malware programmers know better tricks to bypass NOD32....
    Funny enough, once you manage to get rid of the autostart entry, in most cases the malware IS detected
    To be honest, once I supplied Eset with samples they were added to the next updates very fast...........

4. johan39

johan39 Registered Member

It is probably a variant of that trojan. The screen is a little different, but in principle the same. The heading was "Federale Politie" in stead of "ECOPS". I was not able to copy the file, since my pc was completely blocked. I restored my pc with recent image file. I hope Nod32 will block the trojan.
    Thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.