Echo TIUR Server - STOP:0x0000007B error on new hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mad_Lenny, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad_Lenny

Mad_Lenny Registered Member

I'm trying to migrate our old server (SBS 2003) onto new hardware (DL380 G5) using Acronis True Image Echo Server with Acronis Universal Restore ( build:8018 ). I keep getting a BSOD when I try boot up after I restore my fullbackup.tib and seeing the follwing error:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"

STOP:0x0000007B (0xF789AA94, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

My best guess at the moment is that Windows is freaking out over the SAS Raid controller. Even though I specified the driver locations during the Universal Restore process. I have tried adding different drivers, using different versions of bootable media, restoring to and from different hard drives, and created multiple tib files, but get the same error everytime...i guess that I've tried around 25 different restores so far.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the solution?

-Lenny

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mad_Lenny,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please do the following to collect Windows registry data from the target system (that is, the system to which the image was restored):
    - Boot the computer under consideration from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media;
    - Create files/folders backup of \Windows\System32\Config folder.

Please perform the same operation with the source system.

So, we need two Windows registry exports: from source system and from target system.

Please also create Acronis Report on the target machine the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Mad_Lenny

Hi Marat,

The new server does not have a floppy drive, can i use a USB pen drive?

-Lenny

4. Acronis Support

Hello Mad_Lenny,

In this case, please just submit all other information. In your message please make a note about lack of a floppy drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. radweld

radweld Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I'm having exactly the same problem, I'm trying to migrate from HP DL360 G4's which use the Integrated 6I SCSI raid controller to HP DL360G5's which use Integrated E200i SAS Raid controller.

I get exactly the same stop (Inaccesible Boot Device) after I have performed a universal restore specifying the drivers for the E200i.

Im wondering if the E200i being a PCIe device is on a different bus to the 6i of the DL360 G4 however the strange thing is I managed to use universal restore of a DL380G4 using the same controller to a DL360G5 so im not sure this is the issue.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6. radweld

radweld Registered Member

Bump? im desperate for a solution guys?

7. Acronis Support

8. Mad_Lenny

Hi radweld,

I've been away for a few days but i'm back on this again now. I'm going to follow the Acronis support instructions and see what happens - I will post once this is resolved, i dont think we're the only ones with the this issue.

-Lenny

9. Mad_Lenny

My config folder of the source system is about 150MB. How will I attach all these files in an email?

10. Acronis Support

Hello Mad_Lenny,

Please just submit a request for technical support with a detailed description of the issue. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

11. Mad_Lenny

damn, thought we'd cracked it yesterday when we managed to get just the C: partition copied and booting up ok by trying a different disk controller driver (there are loads listed on the HP site for the DL380). So we thought we would try doing exactly the same process, but this time include the D: partition, after it had finished we watched it boot up, holding our breath all the way (think watching an Enlgand penalty shoot out -if you're English) only for the BSOD to bitch slap us once again...sigh.

But riddle me this, when we tried to do the same operation with one of our plain old Server 2003 machines (from DL140 to the DL380) it restores fine without a problem. So is it simply that Acronis does not work with Small Business Servero_O

will keep posting, the answer is out there somewhere

oh - btw Acronis Support I'm using this thread for ranting, we have a support ticket raised and are constantly on the phone with you trying to get this sorted, so far you havent been able to offer a solution and i'm spending way way too much time on this 'restore in minutes' my arse

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  12. Mad_Lenny

OK, the reason it started working ok was because the last ISO image we got from Acronis worked..finally, here's a snippet from their closing email:

"...The last ISO image you were provided with, is a special CD that is provided when the usual CD does not work correctly..."

Er, so why couldnt i have had the 'special' cd 6 weeks ago? I guess i would be happier if werent for the fact that 3 days before I can perform the hardware upgrade/migration my current server has now decided to start dying on me...joy

So, i cant tell anyone what the solution is other than to keep onto the Acronis support team until they give an ISO image that works for you. I'm just relieved to have it at last.

-Lenny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.