Echo Server Universal restore - doesn't ask for drivers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Don Michaels, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Michaels

Don Michaels Registered Member

I have used Echo Server for Windows with Universal Restore to restore an entire disk with two partitions. The only hardware that changed was the Adaptec RAID controller and hard disk array. It never asked me for the drivers, but it did complete the restore "sucessfully". Windows Server starts to boot, but the computer reboots shortly after getting to the windows startup screen with the progress bar.

My question is, when it does work, when is the Universal Restore feature supposed to ask for the drivers? At the beginning of the process or at the end? It takes about 30 hours to restore this machine and it would be good to know.

2. Don Michaels

Don Michaels Registered Member

Re: Universal Restore - doesn't ask for drivers - I get it now.

Ok, I get it now. We can close this ticket. Universal restore simply does not work with "True Image Echo Server with Acronis Universal Restore", build 8.018. There is no need to try over and over again to make it work like I did. We need to email, then call, tech support and tell them you want to use Universal restore. They will then send you an ISO image by email that will work.

3. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Re: Universal Restore - doesn't ask for drivers - I get it now.

Why don't they send this to everyone that purchases the software with Universal Restore?

Why do they make their customers beg them for a feature that they paid for?

This has been a problem for years.

4. Joe M

Joe M Registered Member

Not sure if this is related, but I'm working with Acronis support right now on a similar issue. When I test server restores to dissimilar hardware made with Echo, the dialogue will allow the UR options (including the RAID and SCSI driver locations)......... but only for restores from a Full backup. When I try from a Differential or Incremental, no go; it just skips those dialogue boxes and goes right to the Validate and Additional options. Same behavoir for all servers being tested.

Acronis has sent me a number of ISO's to try, including a few 8018 versions. No luck yet.

5. wmiles

wmiles Registered Member

I have been working with Acronis for about a week now (Not good if it was a disaster)

They sent me a Linux ISO Recovery CD which i can boot with, and works and has Universal Restore options on it, unfortuantly, it says it will take 6 hours to restore, and that was two hours into the restore. I made a VistaPE cd and that said 30 mins to restore, only problem is the UR doesnt work with that CD.

I hate to say it, but as a disaster recovery solution, it simply does not work. Unless Acronis can do a major overhaul on how the recovery CD works.

6. Mad_Lenny

Mad_Lenny Registered Member

having the same problem trying to migrate our server onto new hardware (Proliant DL 380 G5), the bootable media completely skips the 'Acronis Universal Restore' page and doesnt give me the option to add any drivers...hope my (backup) server doesnt crash before they can sort this out (the primary one died a couple of weeks ago), and I want to be able to sleep at night. Have not had any joy using the ISO download that their techies gave me, although all images work ok on other machines on my network - just not the one i've spent 1000s of pounds on!!!!

Please help Acronis:'(

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  7. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

This has been a known problem for over 2 years. Acronis has refused to fix it or even acknowledge it. ~Off topic comment removed. - Ron~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.