Echo Server - HP G2 1/8 Autoloader

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by spawn-ian, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spawn-ian

spawn-ian Registered Member

Hi All,

Just installed my new HP G2 1/8 Autoloader and being trying to get Acronis to write to the tape, the web based interface for the tape autoloader allows me to move the tape to the drive and run a HP test which confims the tape is present and confirms that the tape passed the read/write test... however when setting it up in Acronis you dont see the Tape drive but you do see the Autoloader which would make sense, the problem I am having is that Acronis is not detecting the tape which present in the drive...

Any pointers..

This Autoloader was as I was told supported by Echo server.. by Acronis support.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello spawn-ian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please do the following:
    - Download the archive
    - Unpack the archive to C:\
    - Start the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Run the following command:

c:\tapes.exe > c:\tapes.txt

Collect the tapes.txt file.

Please also create a screenshot of the problem screen.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. spawn-ian

spawn-ian Registered Member

Reply from Acronis support:

Cause is Acronis True Image Echo accesses tape drives through Windows RSM (Removable Storage Manager), whereas in Acronis True Image 9.1 tape access was implemented on the lower level.

A tape drive is not shown in the device list if it is not initialized in RSM. This is the issue of RSM or tape drivers.

So you can use older 9.1 version for backups to tapes while we will fix the problem in a next build.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

So in short Echo server does not fully support Autoloaders/Tape o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.