Echo has less hardware support... Dell SAS 5

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AaronAnderson, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronAnderson

AaronAnderson Registered Member

The Echo rescue media seems to have lost support for the Dell SAS 5/iR PCI Express RAID Adapter from Dell.

As someone who has purchased and installed True Image in over a dozen locations I have to say I've been disappointed with Echo to this point.

Supporting LESS hardware (current hardware at that) is unacceptable.

Also, I often used the VMWare converter to convert TIB images into virtual machines I was upset when I found out that the VMWare converter doesn't support Echo images. Echo is supposed to have a tool that converts .tib files to other formats, but DOES NOT WORK on on Serial ATA drives, again which a lot of new servers are coming with. This feature currently only works with SCSI and IDE drives. No SAS, no SATA.

Now we can't use Echo.

2. AaronAnderson

AaronAnderson Registered Member

Is it possible to get an official response from Acronis on the issue of regression? We are often asked to upgrade and always be on the latest version to solve problems, but the latest version has it's own set of faults that, out of the box, keep us from using it all together.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AaronAnderson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

As for the converter only working with IDE and SCSI drives, please be aware that the fix is already created and it will be included into the next build of Acronis True Image Echo. We are sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't defined yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.