Echo Enterprise and WINPE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ylafont, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ylafont

ylafont Registered Member

I have created a WINPE boot disk for Windows Deployment services which works as we would like. When I map to the backup server and run TrueimageCmd.exe or TrueimageCmdDos.exe, nothing happens. Do I need to install files locally? Ideally, I would like create a script that takes care of images automatically.

I notice the Acronis WINPE build process works by modify the existing *.WIM image that I created. Are there instruction that will allow me to modify my *WIm Image manually?

2. mustang

mustang Developer

The only instuctions for modifying your wim image come in the doc files supplied by Microsoft with WinPE. Because it is so difficult is the reason why the VistaPE project was created using WinBuilder. You may want to check out the VistaPE Guide and the Acronis scripts I offer on my website. My True Image scripts offer much more functionality than the Acronis WinPE ISO process provides. See my signature below.

3. ylafont

ylafont Registered Member

Seems kind of idiotic for Acronis to have the already created and not support it. Thanks for the info, let me start poking around wiht your recomendations.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ylafont,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that you can find instructions on how to include Acronis True Image plug-in into WinPE in the chapter 10 "Creating bootable media" of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server User's Guide. For instructions on modifying your WinPE image otherwise, we recommend you to refer to the documentation on WinPE, supplied by Microsoft, or contact Microsoft support team.

Regarding the problem you encountered with TrueimageCmd.exe, we recommend you to submit a request for technical support. Attach all information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.