EBAY CANNOT LOG ON after SpywareBlaster installed

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by cruid, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruid

cruid Registered Member

I just reformatted and did a clean install of windows xp pro sp2 fully updated and all that good crap. I was able to log onto ebay and search perfectly fine before I installed SpywareBlaster and now I cannot log into ebay at all. I can search the page but I can't for the love of god log in to buy anything.
    This is really starting to piss me off since I have searched the web looking for a answer to this problem for about a week now and have no good luck. I have tried disabling the doubleclick.net/com thing and it has nothing to do with the log in screen.

When I go to log in after entering username and password I click the button and the page just reloads and resets the form. Just keeps repeating over and over. I have used spywareblaster for a long time and never noticed this problem before.

So I also tried to uninstall the program completely after disabling all the features within the program and the problem continues. What the hell is going on?

I also have NOD32 installed, SpywareBlaster 3.5, SpywareGuard and that is it. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello cruid....Welcome to Wilders,

Is this happening while using Internet Explorer as the browser ?

I have just now created an eBay account and with ALL of Spywareblasters protection enabled(excluding it's Mozilla\Firefox protection)....and with an Internet Explorer\Internet Zone setting of High....I can not reproduce the same result :doubt:

Other than the programs you have mentioned....are there any others that you failed to mention that add Restricted Site entries to IE's Restricted Zone ?

Bubba

3. cruid

cruid Registered Member

The only programs I am running are NOD32 Antivirus, SpywareBlaster 3.5, SpywareGuard, and now I have added ewido also. I didn't have access to ebay before I reformatted which was producing the exact same problem so I figured I needed a clean install of windows anyways so I did that. Immediately after a clean install I did not have connection to the internet plugged in, I installed NOD32 and then plugged it back in and got onto google to get the toolbar then went to ebay to see if I could log in, it worked flawlessly. After that I searched for spywareguard and spywareblaster downloaded and installed both of them. Immediately after I updated and enabled protection on both the programs I tried to sign into ebay afterwards, no luck. I would input username/password click the login button and the same login page would just reload and reset the u/p form. When I noticed that it obviously wasn't working I went into my privacy settings and added ebay.com to the allow list along with the security under trusted sites also. No luck. After all of this I uninstalled both spywareguard and spywareblaster and it still would not let me log in. I reset internet settings under programs bar and default everything and I still cannot log in I have no idea what is going on and I would love to have the protection of both of these awesome programs.

I should add that I have tried overriding the cookie crap also no luck.
    And reinstalling IE and I have tried firefox all no luck in logging into ebay. WTF?

No one else has had this problem before? I don't understand because this has happened to not just one but three different computers I have installed SG and SB on. I might mention my girlfriend couldn't log into myspace.com either which has got her mad too haha I could care less about that.

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.